Growing back body parts

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
I haven't had a T lose a leg, personally, but I have read about it fairly often on here. Besides legs and fangs.. what other parts can a T regrow? Can they regrow eyes if they are injured?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I haven't had a T lose a leg, personally, but I have read about it fairly often on here. Besides legs and fangs.. what other parts can a T regrow? Can they regrow eyes if they are injured?
Pretty much anything other than the carapace or abdomen. Book lungs, fangs, chelicerae, eyes, spinnerets, and so on can all be regrown. Not all at the same rate mind you, but they can all be regenerated eventually so long as the spider lives long enough to molt a few times.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I have a MM A Avic that grew back a pedipalp that I was unaware that he was missing until I had him for a while was pretty to to see him molt and see it start off smaller than the other now you couldn't tell

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Entertaining, but I don't know if I'd take an article containing the word "ain't" as definitive law :rofl:
It also states that most adult females have an ultimate molt and because of that can't regenerate legs after that molt.
That isn't correct is it?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Y'all ain't educated on this here matter, sonny boys. Texan is the only way to really talk.
Texan/southern states of the US-slang...the only english i need a translator or subtitles for to understand what the heck they're saying....

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Texan/southern states of the US-slang...the only english i need a translator or subtitles for to understand what the heck they're saying....
Is it really that hard to tell that "y'all" is just a shortened version of "you guys"? Or that "ain't" means "isn't"? :/

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It also states that most adult females have an ultimate molt and because of that can't regenerate legs after that molt.
That isn't correct is it?
Ah, I didn't catch that bit. No, that's not true either. Females do not have ultimate molts. They will eventually die of old age, but they never stop molting until death.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Is it really that hard to tell that "y'all" is just a shortened"? Or that "ain't" means "isn't"? :/
It is not so much the abbreviations i have trouble hearing, and reading works fine most if the time.
It is the whole pronunciation combined with crazy grammar which throws me off. 'ain't nobody got time fo that' has me scratching my head for example. The meme means that there isn't time for something specific to do, but the grammar is all off, ain't and nobody essentially saying the same thing. The grammar would be correct if she stated that 'there isn't anybody who has time for that'
Crazy how i am actually explaining grammar to a native english speaker. I don't even know the grammatical terms so this is hard.
There are often words mixed in with that grammar which make no sense apart for people who are from either the same region or the US in general.
I hope i'm getting my point across, it is a bit difficult to explain without writing a six paper piece.
Again, i don't mind reading it, but hearing it and making sense if what i here is hard sometimes. People who are from parts of the UK who have this kind of slang-thing are also harder. Doesn't matter, i just hope you don't mind me asking what you are saying ;). I frequently ask @basin79 what he means as well :D

Edit: darn it, it has become a six piece already...sorry!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
It is not so much the abbreviations i have trouble hearing, and reading works fine most if the time.
It is the whole pronunciation combined with crazy grammar which throws me off. 'ain't nobody got time fo that' has me scratching my head for example. The meme means that there isn't time for something specific to do, but the grammar is all off, ain't and nobody essentially saying the same thing. The grammar would be correct if she stated that 'there isn't anybody who has time for that'
Crazy how i am actually explaining grammar to a native english speaker. I don't even know the grammatical terms so this is hard.
There are often words mixed in with that grammar which make no sense apart for people who are from either the same region or the US in general.
I hope i'm getting my point across, it is a bit difficult to explain without writing a six paper piece.
Again, i don't mind reading it, but hearing it and making sense if what i here is hard sometimes. People who are from parts of the UK who have this kind of slang-thing are also harder. Doesn't matter, i just hope you don't mind me asking what you are saying ;). I frequently ask @basin79 what he means as well :D

Edit: darn it, it has become a six piece already...sorry!
Lel I know the grammar can be wrong for sayings like "ain't nobody got time for that". That's not a mistake native to Texas, though. Think of the phrase "I could care less". It really means "I could NOT care less". Why do people say it wrong? They know it's wrong but they're used to saying it that way.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Lel I know the grammar can be wrong for sayings like "ain't nobody got time for that". That's not a mistake native to Texas, though. Think of the phrase "I could care less". It really means "I could NOT care less". Why do people say it wrong? They know it's wrong but they're used to saying it that way.
Didn't say it was only Texas ;).
Of course there are 'sayings', we have them in Dutch as well, and it is hilarious when people try to literally translate those to english.
It just seems that the southern states have more of those than the
rest of the US. But it could also very well be that the rest of the world gets that image because of Hollywood stereotypes.
I just know i really really needed subtitles when I watched 'here comes Honey Boo Boo'. That was the first and last episode to be honest..

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My sub-adult C. crawshayi lost a leg, and it took 2-3 (I'm not sure) molts to grow back.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My sub-adult C. crawshayi lost a leg, and it took 2-3 (I'm not sure) molts to grow back.
Seeing that they molt at a glacier pace, it must have took quite some time to get its leg back :D
(It is P.muticus nowadays by the way ;) )