Grossas Gone Wild!

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Finally was able to raise a grossa female that wasnt gravid. Grossa seem to be able to mate at a young age and its been hard to not only have a virgin in waiting, but a stud alive and willing.

Ok.. going to say that I witnessed his sperm transfer here until told otherwise. Unfortunatly, I only had one angle of view and could not see what he was doing when putting his legs back towards is body... but a few minutes of shuddering orgasmic movement with many scoop low and then touching palp actions. So, like I said, Im going with hot solo man action ...sperm transfer! :D

1st palp...

2nd palp...

BTW, he met his demise a couple days after ...all evidence points to foul play. ^_^ :lol:

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great pics! I love the enclosures and the "sperm transfer" shots! Cool.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey very nice buthus!

All your pictures(not just on this thread are amazing), how do you go about with taking those clear pictures? A tripod?

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks all. Fun to shoot such an easily ignored specie. :D

Novak, yes mostly with a tripod, but not always.
Ive killed a couple spiders with the heat from photo bulbs and regular bulbs so now im using those cooler running energy saver bulbs. They are really not enough light to do things right, plus they are inconsistant when it comes to color temps and they dont "age" very well ...but they run cool and thats what i can afford at the moment. This forces me to shoot at a fast speed ...mostly 1600. This doesnt help the close-ups a bit, not to mention color all around. There are some real pros posting on the boards... they have the knowledge and equipment and Im blown away with their work. At the moment, with what I have to work with, I dont bother concerning myself with the quality as much as I do with the content.