Gross Goliath Crickets

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all,
I don't much about the cricket lifestyle. The less I know about these evil insects, the happier I am. But could someone please tell me what's going on when my brown crickets get these wing-like capes on their backs? They go from brown to a blackish colour, and they have wings that stretch the entirity of their bodies. I have three that have recently gained their capes, and they look worse than the normal crickets; no way am I picking them up (they're bigger than Peso anyway). What does this signify? Can I stop the process?
I hate crickets,
Paul

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
;P Beware! ;P It is best to use caution when dealing with crickets. Word on the street is, is that crickets contain the most toxic venom of any creature known to man. Haven't you read the posts where people talk about how their t's were killed by their crickets?

In general, their mouths are so small, that they can't bite people. But it sounds like yours have gone through the ultimate molt, making them the most dangerous creatures on earth. This is something that usually does't happen in the wild, as they usually die or get eaten. But since they have been held in captivity for so long, they can sometimes reach that ultimate molt. ;P Beware! ;P

;P Big Dragonfly ;P

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heh, I think they're pretty cute.
I'd never use pinkies or grown mice, or disect invertebrates before throwing them for the T('s, futurum).

At least we aren't talking about King Crickets :)

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rookie, these are fully mature adult crickets. Crickets look so gross when they are all white like albinos right after a molt.

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh...

Rookie, these are fully mature adult crickets.
I suppose I should have been able to figure that one out by myself...How much longer before they croak?
Paul