Gromphadorhina oblongonota missing toes and antennae

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
I have no idea what's going on with my Gromphadorhina oblongonota. His toes and antennae are missing, somehow. He doesn't live with any other roaches and nothing in his habitat could've hurt him unless he managed to get all of his toes and his antennae stuck in the lid if it wasn't all the way closed at some point. I'd upload a picture, but I'm away from my camera at the moment. He can still move in a weird way, but he doesn't move a lot. He hasn't molted since I got him in October, and he's only 1.25" right now. Why or how could this have happened?

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
I think I might've figured it out. Poor little guy must have bitten off his toes because he was hungry. He had food, but there was a bit of mold by/on it and it must have deterred him from eating. Hopefully he'll molt soon and be able to walk normally and climb again. :(

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Starvation or lack of moisture can cause roaches to bite off their antennae and tarsi, it's also a sign of an aging adult, however yours is a nymph, so that can't be why. Hope the little guy recovers, keep us updated!

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
He had plenty of moisture, so it must have been lack of food. I feel really bad for not giving him a larger variety and more food. :(

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
He had plenty of moisture, so it must have been lack of food. I feel really bad for not giving him a larger variety and more food. :(
It's OK, mistakes happen, as long as he's still moving around and eating he should hopefully recover in the next molt.

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Yeah, he seems to be doing all right. I gave him more food, hopefully he'll molt sooner rather than later.