Greenbottle pic. Blue leg, green leg.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got a couple shots with a different lighting angle in each to show a little bit of the spectrum. This little guy just molted and is nice and bright. Almost out of it's juvie colors too.
This pic shows some nice blue coloration to the legs. :)

Atrax

Attachments

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Gary,
Awesome! Btw, although they are not the kind of t you would handle, what kind of pet are they?

Peace,
Gillian

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mmmmm...I'd say more skittish than anything else. I have seen them handled before but generally, I wouldn't consider them "docile".

Atrax

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Stop posting green bottles!!!!!!! I want one so bad..you are making me jealous :mad: ;)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Skittish is definitely the word I would use, not aggressive at all. Strangely, even though it startles more than just about any other T in my collection, it's also the only one that doesn't hesitate to take food from tongs, go figure.

From the looks of it, mine moulted out to that same instar a little over a month back. Not my favorite T, but always interesting.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Mmmmm...I'd say more skittish than anything else. I have seen them handled before but generally, I wouldn't consider them "docile".

Atrax
Gary,
Thanks..:)

Peace,
Gillian

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My green bottle is very friendly. I have even by accident held her. She wanted to go for a walk. Any how she has build a web across the top of the kitter keeper and sits right there. She doesn't run when I open the top and let's me do what ever I have to. She is one of my nicer T's.

ps. Nice pics

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
mine are both skittish, and prone to flicking, but both are also fairly docile. They are just so beautiful, and depending on the light, the colors are phenomenal!

Last edited:

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
This one shows more of a green. :)

Atrax
C. cyaneopubescens are so photogenic! Is your little guy sexed yet?

Joy

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not yet. The last molt was demolished. He/she decided to "houseclean" afterwards and removed the exuvia piece by piece. Next molt hopefully.
After this one fattens up a little I may try some pics inder natural sunlight at different angles. :cool:

Atrax

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
urggg!!!!

i want a chromatopelma cyanopubecens for so long!!! i am also jealous~~!!!:8o ;P =D nice pics ya guys!!!

James

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you can handle them...

Gillian
Handling greenbottles isn't a problem. They don't bite and although they are flighty when young once they become big fat adults they slow down quite a bit. You still do need to be careful though as I wouldn't rule out one bolting off of your hand onto the floor.
Phil

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Re: you can handle them...

Originally posted by Phillip
Gillian
Handling greenbottles isn't a problem. They don't bite and although they are flighty when young once they become big fat adults they slow down quite a bit. You still do need to be careful though as I wouldn't rule out one bolting off of your hand onto the floor.
Phil
Phil,
Cool! I might get one, but not right now. Resources are tight..:(
However, remember the scrofa and PZB I bought from you? They are doing great. The scrofa is a bit flighty, but never mean. The PZB has virtually bloomed he/she (need to send the skin off) has long, reddish pink hair everywhere. GORGEOUS! However, I really think its a female. No, not wishful thinking..:)

Peace,
Gillian

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad to hear it...

Always good to hear that my babies are doing well. :) And I hope it does turn out to be female for you as they are a great species.
Phil

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I do agree with Phil, Gillian. The reason I say (generally) I wouldn't consider them docile though is simply due to their skittishness. I certainly wouldn't put them in the aggressive category.
My B. boehmi isn't aggressive either, but it's so flighty that I just tend to let her be. (Other than normal care of course.) I also don't like bald T's either. Like I said though, I have seen GBB's handled.
What I consider docile personally would be like my G. pulchra or G. aureostriata where I can simply scoop them up, no dashing about, no kicking etc.. I should have specified (another point Phil covered) that due to their skittishness, the possibility of your GBB fleeing certainly exists.
Anyhow, I just wanted to clarify. I didn't want my post to be misconstrued as "GBB's aren't docile, therefore they're aggressive".
Good luck with yours Gillian. And, thanks for the good input Phil.

Atrax