Greenbottle is laying eggs!!!

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We never thought it was a successful breeding!! Last October, she cohabitated with a male until cannibalizing him after abot 3-4 weeks. Since then, she has been totally normal. The male never really seemed to know what to do or why he was there so we just kind of figured nothing happened. Well, we have been suspicious for a few weeks now that she may be gravid. Today, we caught her laying eggs!! Lets just hope she is a good mommy and doesn't eat them!!! We are so happy!! Her eggsack is kind of small. Does anyone know if they are known to lay multiple sacks?? She was very fat just this morning. I wish we could post some pics, but she is in a spot that is almost impossible to see.

WOO-HOOOOOO!

-Jill

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sweet!!! You are really lucky, I hope you are succesful in getting a good sack, & have a happy egg-sack thing...You'd be a happy duck or whatever their called if they all hatch healthy!!!!

Aloha,

Ben

Edit:I just remembered it's a Happy Camper! Not Duck!:8o :}

Last edited:

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Do I see you doing a happy dance? I know I would be! Congrats :D

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome! I hope everything goes well with the egg sack. Keep us posted and get some pics later if you can.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congratulations on making it this far, and good luck on the rest of the way!

John

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
wow, that is awesome. Mine don't mate either when I put them together, and I've been considering co-habitation. Can you tell me the size of the enclosure you used for them?
He doesn't seem to have a clue either!
Good luck with the sac!
Holley

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
congrats, from what i've read breeding these guys is no walk in the park. good luck, my fingers are crossed. keep us updated.

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
wow, that is awesome. Mine don't mate either when I put them together, and I've been considering co-habitation. Can you tell me the size of the enclosure you used for them?
He doesn't seem to have a clue either!
Good luck with the sac!
Holley
Here is a pic of the set-up just before we released the male. We had them in a 10 gallon tank and they did well together until he aparently figured out what to do. We left his "jar" in there for the first few weeks so that he would have his own space, but he never used it. Here is a link to some other pics of the cohabitation that I already posted as well.

http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?threadid=4235

-Jill

Attachments

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
your gbb looks awesome, if i ever get a third T i'll probably try to get one of those, i don't know if i have space in my room for one though :?

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by xBurntBytheSunx
your gbb looks awesome, if i ever get a third T i'll probably try to get one of those, i don't know if i have space in my room for one though :?
There's always space for just one more.............then if there isn't you'll start looking for a place to make room for a shelving unit. My printer and its table are starting to look pretty useless these days.:D

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
how many s' lings do these guys usally have?

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm afraid that if i start getting more i won't be able to say when enough is enough :D

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations, GBB's are supposed to be extremely difficult to breed. Hope your mum takes care of her eggs and manages to raise them successfully.