Greenbottle Blue moisture

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You just said it was three inches. :confused:

If it's that small, give it a plastic bottlecap with some water in it. It'll be fine.
I have a pair of them one is 3" and one is 1.5" sorry if i was unclear on the second post. I was trying to check on water requirements for it too.

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

If it's that small, give it a plastic bottlecap with some water in it. It'll be fine.
I have a pair of them one is 3" and the other is 1.5". Sorry for the confusion on the second post, I was trying to check the water requirements for it too.

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How much water should be sprayed into the enclosure of a 3 in. GBB?

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How much water should be sprayed into the enclosure of a 3 in. GBB?
I would use a plastic bottlecap and fill it with water and keep the substrate bonedry. Trust me IME GBB hate moist substrate and will cling to the walls of the enclosure until it dries.

Individual results may vary but, the above method has worked for me.

Brian

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Its a a 1.5" juv. its not big enough for a water dish yet, Should I still not mist it?

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, I agree with the other posts.... BONE Dry... dont even need water dish, just make sure prey is well hydrated prior to feeding. If you check on there origin it is a very dry, low humidity, scrub land seeing very little rain fall.

GL with them :)

Doug

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
None, ever, period.

Bone dry enclosure, with a water dish.
I agree completely. I raised a male from a sling to maturity and I can tell you from personal experience, do not mist!! It makes them unhappy. Provide a water dish, that is all of the moisture they need, and don't be suprised if it appears they don't drink much from it.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
None, ever, period.

Bone dry enclosure, with a water dish.
Bump to this DRY for them, I suggest water dish for 1.5+ inch GBBs and Ts in general, under that try to give it 2-3 droplets on the enclosure wall no more. Since yours is 1.5inch I don't see any issue on giving it a bottle cap water dish, they are quite small in diameter and I'm sure a 1.5 inch T will have no issues in terms of drinking and safety.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im going to disagree a little bit. for the bigger one..yes bone dry with a shallow water dish. for the little one...let a few droplets sit on some of the webbing...if the spider is thirsty it will find it. and it also keeps the substrate from getting wet..as long and you dont go wild with it. this is what ive always done for all my GBB's...i now have 8 of them and it has worked great.