Green With Envy...

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are some pics of Stelios, my '05 male Aru-type GTP...

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow David what a beautiful snake and fantastic pictures. Stunning. What kind of camera are you using?

-Mike

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks! His temperament is VERY good....hes by far the most docile Green Tree I've come across. Almost like a green Ball Python lol.

I'm shooting with a Nikon Coolpix 7600, but I'm considering upgrading to a better camera in the near future.

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes that title is an accurate description of how I feel right now.

This kind of snake is on my list of "must have before I die".

So beautiful. :drool:

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I absolutely love GTP's! Their undoubtedly one of my top 5 favorite boids :D

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
are pythons considered boids? I though boids were just boas/anacondas

eitherway, im not a huge fan of arboreal snakes, but i do love GTP's. Someday when I have my own place ill own one.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
:drool: Yeah, its on one my list of snakes to get at some point too. I've coveted them since the day I first saw one in real life.

Beautiful animal you have there, David. You could have sent him along with the White Side. ;)

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, Midnight, Pythons are also in the family Boidae.

Misty, I bet you'd have liked that, eh? lol :D

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One thing I've wondered about is the different types of GTPs... you said this is an "aru-type", and I know there's others.

Anyone know all the types and their differences?

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, the differences between the types are mainly geographic location, color variation, pattern, and price. Off the top of my head, heres some of the different locales:

-Aru
-Biak
-Sorong
-Jayapura
-Wamena
-Merauke
-Manakwari

And of course various combinations of these locales and various "designer" specimens.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A breeder called Southern Chondros was at the local museum's annual reptile and amphibian show. Many colors on display. They had a big female there that was sky blue, something about hormones, I think.

Expensive snakes, $1,000.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Those are some of the best snake pics I've ever seen. Do you have more to share? Other species too perhaps? That is a gorgeous snake!

polphot

Arachnopeon
Absolutely STUNNING! Im green with envy already. For a minute there by just looking at these pictures made me wonder if i can care for one too.

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
it may have been the green tree python but i heard somewhere that they were picky and only ate birds.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The snake pictured in this thread IS a Green Tree Python, and no they don't only eat birds. Mine is captive born and bred and eats readily on frozen/thawed rodents.