green lynx help

Spartan98

Arachnopeon
Hi I just caught a very small green lynx spider outside (Peucetia viridans). It's about 4 mm from head to abdomen and im keeping it in a small jar with dirt and a weed to hide on. How often should I mist him for humidity? I threw in an ant but i'm not sure if he ate him. Is there anything else to keeping it happy? thanks

Last edited:

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd get the ant out of there, ants can hurt a spider and usually are too small to make good food for one. Try tossing in a cricket, mealworm, or waxworm instead.

Spartan98

Arachnopeon
Do you think he would be able to take on a 1/4 cricket or should i go smaller? This is my first real arachnid so im not to sure. Also how many times a week should he be fed?

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If 1/4 cricket is all you have, pre-kill it and split it down the middle, most slings will accept pre-killed food. If you have pinheads, by all means use them.

Not sure how often you should feed a lynx spider, I'd guess a few times a week since that seems to work for most of them.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

I've been keeping Green Lynx spiderlings hatched from a sac all winter. They've done well on fruit flies and are now reaching 1/2". I feed them once a week and rarely mist.

Spartan98

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I've been keeping Green Lynx spiderlings hatched from a sac all winter. They've done well on fruit flies and are now reaching 1/2". I feed them once a week and rarely mist.
Do you know where I can get fruit flies? The smallest crickets I could get are still to big for him.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I didn't take pictures of the little guys and now they're all heading off to someone else. Some are getting big now. You know how leggy these are, but I saw one about 5/8". I'd likely need to separate them at some point and didn't want to deal with 25+ vials. I plan on raising some more babies next winter from egg sacs I collect next fall.

I'm currently trying to raise a bunch of Argiope aurantia that hatched a week ago. Most are in a container, but some are free range on the window. Lots of escaped fruit flies in the bug room, they should not starve.

I had a roach jump and run the other day. He dropped behind the book case before I could get him. When I went to look with a flashlight, a big Steatoda had him.

Ok i'll head back there tommorow. Do you by chance have any pics of your lynxes? :D

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can send you out some fruit flies. I have tons of them right now.

Tom