"Green Hornet"

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This one was photographed in my back yard in Pompano Beach Florida. Just a few miles from Butterfly World.

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess I need to start reading the descriptions before taking a glance at the picture and posting, lol, sorry.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well Imagine just how I felt to see it here. I was looking at it and said to myself that Doesn't look like a native??

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is that the same as the ones I found here in NY during the Summer? Mine are tiny though, smaller than a honeybee.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
No your pic is Augochloropsis Metallica. (green sweat bee) The easy way to tell the difference is the legs.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That flower, what is its name, scientific name, and how do you care for it? I must MUST get one of those for my collection!

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That flower, what is its name, scientific name, and how do you care for it? I must MUST get one of those for my collection!
BOTANICAL CLASSIFICATION
Family :passifloraceae
Genus :passiflora
Species :incarnata, involucrata, alata, edulis, quadrangularis, caerulea

Passiflora 'Crimson Tears' If i remember correctly

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I thought the flower looked familiar. It's the flower of the passion fruit which has a fantastic aroma to it and is fun to eat, too. The species I had grew like a weed.

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My parents have these and even purple versions in their yard in Mexico. They call them orchid bees (in English). I didn't realize they were in the US.