Green Filter

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tried a shot using a green Hoya filter to get rid of the blue, worked pretty well, for some reason it seems impossible to get this wavelength to focus perfectly.....any ideas anyone??

Urodacus yaschenkoi

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is an excellent picture despite the uncrisp edges..It's got a touch of aquaticness about it...

No idea with the focusing of the green wavelength though Mark..!

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's cool! How closely does that match the natural fluorescence coloration?

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's cool! How closely does that match the natural fluorescence coloration?
Very close...hard to tell any difference. Without the green filter all my colour balance selections on the camera still arrive at a blue image. I guess the green filter is taking out the blue, so its quite a natural result, far closer than the blue.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so was it really the real color of that scorp under UV? i mean if you are looking to it...

mine where all blue under UV.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so was it really the real color of that scorp under UV? i mean if you are looking to it...

mine where all blue under UV.

yes..these appear green, certainly not blue..nothing like blue.

geopet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
photo

The reason for the lack of focus is related to the refractive index of the glass in the lenses. They are designed to refract white light which is made up of all the colours. Red and blue are at opposite ends of the range of visible light while green is at the middle. Although I am no photographer It is likely that your lense isn't refracting the single frequency light properly so it looks out of focus.