Green bottle

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what reliable tarantula breeders breed the "green blue bottle" (if I said that correctly) tarantula? This is the one that makes all that webbing and stuff? I want one of these and if I can find a breeder before wednesday I may buy one of those this week also.

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
GBBs do a lot of massive webbing. You can find them pretty easily in the Classified section of the boards. Really pretty spiders.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GBBs do a lot of massive webbing. You can find them pretty easily in the Classified section of the boards. Really pretty spiders.
When i said breeders i meant like ones online i could order from lol...like swifts or botar type guys.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Try Chris at Krazy8sinvertebrates.com. I think he has them. The scientific name is chromatopelma cyanopubescens, (but you probably knew that).

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Try Chris at Krazy8sinvertebrates.com. I think he has them. The scientific name is chromatopelma cyanopubescens, (but you probably knew that).
actually, no i didnt know that lol... now that i think about it i seen that on swifts page lol....thanks alot both of yall.

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wrote a care sheet for the GBB for the American Tarantula Society. If you would like the pdf PM me with an email address and I will send it to you.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I didn't want to waste space buy creating another thread that was kind of like the same question so here is my question...

..If I buy a Greenbottle Blue- .5" baby (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)

How big will this actually be? Like the size of a dime? will I be able to see it? I usually don't buy tarantulas under 1 inch because I always fear I'd lose em even in their containers...what size container do I use for this? the smallest critter keeper? maybe a mayonase type jar?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
..If I buy a Greenbottle Blue- .5" baby (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)...
It will be about half an inch from back foot to front foot, I imagine. And if you put something under at LEAST an inch (maybe 1.5-2" just to be safe) in the smallest critter keeper, it'll get out through the ventilation slits and never be seen again. A small deli cup with ventilation holes poked by a sewing needle would be fine. :)