Green Banana Roach Poaching

Distasty

Arachnopeon
I live in South Eastern Texas in a pocket of woods and have discovered that there are quite a few different species of roaches hanging about in my area. So far I have sighted 3 Green Banana Roaches as well as 1 Pale-bordered Field roach.

So far, I've managed to get my hands on what I'm assuming to be a female because of it's size, but it was a lucky find as the poor thing was struggling belly up in my kitchen.
I was wondering if any one had any ideas on how to catch Green Bananas from the wild? I know they're nocturnal and they sometimes enter houses because of light much like a moth might, so does anyone know any kind of set up I could use to catch some?

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have no idea, really. But I might put some enticing food near a flashlight if it is really dark. I noticed that my escapees fly toward light. Have a butterfly net handy.

The pale bordered field roaches are really nice--so pretty! I would try for some of those if I were you.

Distasty

Arachnopeon
Thanks a bunch, but I have another question!

If I did that outside my house I would attract allot more that what I'm bargaining for. I would most likely be carried off by hoards of moths, mosquitoes, and june bugs :D But maybe I can figure out an apparatus that keeps me from holding the light source because bright lights seems to be the key.
I have managed to catch one that had taken roost on the only bright source that was around, which was a T.V. XD

Although as an unrelated question to roach poaching, what method to you use when supplying your bananas with moisture? I'm worried about my roaches not getting enough water...

Louise E. Rothstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My green banana roaches get drownproofed bottletops in addition to moist substrate for the babies,the expectant mothers,and the smaller immatures.
If your "Green Bananas" are Panchlora nivea they will have the same needs.

I don't know which species the "Pale Borders" actually are...
You may need their "Latin" name to get information on culturing them.

Good luck!!!

Bugnfish

Arachnopeon