Greedy little Sling!

Maelstrom

Arachnopeon
So I have one of those controvesial G.Pulcha slings and its just the greediest eater ever - I'm counting 3 sets of antennae in the clutches- two pairs are wriggling - this sling is a good bit larger than the b.vagans I have which is eating its crickets one at a time...

is this normal?!?!!?!?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
My T. blondi takes up to 20 crickets a week, sometimes. It can be normal. I think the babies are nearing a molt, so make sure crickets don't sit around with them.

-Bryan

Maelstrom

Arachnopeon
nearing a molt

Yeah I was getting the feeling that they were- my bf hadn't looked at them in a week and he swore they looked just a little bit bigger... There's no crikets left in one container, and two left in the other - I'm watching them eat so whatever's left when they're done will be saved for later. I bought a sack of vermiculite today and was going to change out their substrate tommorrow morning since I'm getting paranoid about that moss....
I bought the Tarantula Keeper's Guide the other day and have been having a lot of fun reading it :)

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Ha! Leave it to oblivious me =D

The one I took a photo of had just molted today ;) None of my others from the same batch have, though. I'm expecting it very soon, now. Maybe the next couple days.

-Bryan

Maelstrom

Arachnopeon
:)

I was going to remark that its color is a little lighter than the one I have....

also that b. vagans I got from you - when might it be molting? It only wanted 2 crickets today

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pics?

Hey Maelstrom, do you have any pics of your G. pulchra s'ling? if i get a tarantula, i think that one of those will be my first purchase. Just curious, thanks.
The Rookie

Maelstrom

Arachnopeon
:(

I don't, but it looks exactly like TheEternal's - I'll try to find the thread - actually scroll thru the "Price isn't everything" thread and you'll find a pic of one of them. Mine looks exactly like it - except mine is now really really fat. I hope it molts soon it looks like a little balloon with legs.