Greatly misidentified T.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
I have bought a supposedly B. Boehmei sling about a year ago. But as this T was growing I knew it is not a B. Boehmei. Can you please help me identify this beauty. All i know is that it is a female. Here is her attached pic. Thanks..

Attachments

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it is a Brachypelma, it appears to be a B. albiceps. if not, then some sort of Aphonopelma.

Does it have red hairs on the abdomen?

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
If it is a Brachypelma, it appears to be a B. albiceps. if not, then some sort of Aphonopelma.

Does it have red hairs on the abdomen?

u mean on the back of the abdomen or the under belly? the reddish hairs i noticed is only on the back of the abdomen not on the underbelly. im afraid to hold it coz although its very docile, its a very voracious eater. i dont want her to take my finger as a food. lol.. but the seller who sold me this one (i forgot his AB name) said it was brachypelma boehmei so i guess its really from brachy family. actually you are right. my guess also is between an aphonopelma spp or brachypelma albiceps or sabolusum (before).

JOHN 3:16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it is not a Brachypelma albiceps it must be a Aphonopelma specie. I can't remember ever seeing any other specie of Brachypelma with a light carapace like that; definitely not B. sabulosum

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If its possible to get some better pics in some better lighting, we could probably get you closer. I'm not writing off Aphonopelma, but would like to rule in or out Brachypelma first.

You don't happen to have an old molt laying around do you? I would be curious to see what the spermathecae looks like.

Joe - CAK

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
If its possible to get some better pics in some better lighting, we could probably get you closer. I'm not writing off Aphonopelma, but would like to rule in or out Brachypelma first.

You don't happen to have an old molt laying around do you? I would be curious to see what the spermathecae looks like.

Joe - CAK

Ill get a better pics hopefully this weekend. Her old molt are usually mangled by the tym I got hold of it. Thats also one thing ill look after during her next molt cycle.

Mike

sunny days13

Arachnopeon
By the look of the pic ( which never will be 100 percent accurate ) it seems to be a Brachypelma albiceps. They are really beautiful! They are always hungry and are pretty docile.hope you enjoy ur beaut..