Great Weekend, Great Surprises

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I had to go home this weekend because my girlfriend hit a deer on Christmas and her car was in the shop and we had to switch out cars. Anyhoo, upon my arrival back in East Lansing, I get some nice surprises; first, my P. rufilata molted, FINALLY!! It had been in premolt for what seemed like forever. What;s more, she looks female, although the molt is too shredded to tell for sure. Fingers crossed!

The best news, though, is when I got back, one of my female A. avics was building her bowl in the retreat she made!!! I was so excited, and I tried not to watch too much. My girlfriend kept telling me to stop bothering her (I wasn't actually BOTHERING her..just looking:rolleyes: ) and I went to bed. Lo and behold, I wake up to a brand new eggsac!! WOO HOO!! My first one, and an intentional one too! She was first bred on 11-9-07, so it has been two months. The other avic is starting to build her web retreat as well...maybe I'll have another one soon! So, yeah, great weekend.:D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, that's very exciting (except the deer part ;) )! I hope your sac(s) turn out to be good! Post a pic of your rufilata, I just love those. {D

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, Truff! The worst part of the deer story was that it did not die...upon impact. Ugh. Anyway, I'll try and get some pics, the rufilata will be easier if I let it run around the floor or something, but the sac is so completely hidden in a palace of web that I can just barely make it out.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Awesome possum! You might be hearing the pitter patter of little feet soon! Good luck with those sacs!

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, here are some pictures. Keep in mind that I am still learning how to use my camera, but you get the idea. I really wanted to show you all how BLUE the legs of my rufilata are - they are amazing! As I type this, my second A. avic female is making her web retreat. She must have gotten jealous that the one next to her has a big fluffy thing, and now she wants one, too! :D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is great, Josh!!!! Best of luck and I hope you end up with lots and lots of babies!!!!!!!!!

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love those fuzzy little slapping feet! I want slings!

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, all! While I wait for babies, I ought to learn how to use my camera better...