GREAT thrift store find!!

Remi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well i swung by the local thrift shop around here today and happened to run across a 50 gallon tank for just $20. I dont think it leaks not that that matters since i probably wont use it for fish. Havent actually picked it up yet they are gonna hold it until i get a chance to grab it.
But i'm freekin overjoyed ;P :D its huge!! lol

anyone got some good ideas on waht to fill this bad boy up with?

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A colony, of course. I like bigger tanks for more arid inverts. I slope sand with a little bit of structure underneath(slate rocks/branches) and soak it with water. let it dry up past 2/3 of the way down to the bottom(2-3 weeks) and your ready to start a nice colony. Its great because it gives desert species a chance to find their own amount of moisture to moult/give birth in. Anyhow it was the key for my Androctonus colonies. The false bottom setup is also a huge plus in letting this kind of setup mature and is easy-er to maintain. i carved out the silicone and had no tops, but i also used tall aquariums.

Mat

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man your lucky...if i found i 50g i could finally get some piranhas like ive always wanted:wall:

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My roommate and I plan to start a piranha tank. Luckily we got a 55 gallon for free. Cant wait

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ROCK DOWN! Nice find! Whatever floats your boat! I had 120 gal that I put Tiger salamanders in. At one point, all I had was one Vinegaroon in it, then I had 4 Sirens in there. Then, a bunch of toads. Then I found some Texas Salamanders, they were in there for a while. Then a bunch of Gray treefrog tads. Ha, pretty wimpy for a 120 gal. Mix it up! I don't have it anymore.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
another great place to find deals on tanks is garage sales ive noticed

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not to sound like a butthead, but since this topic really has nothing to do with scorpions and has moved into the fish/amphibian/ area can we get this topic moved to not so spineless wonders?

Remi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not to sound like a butthead, but since this topic really has nothing to do with scorpions and has moved into the fish/amphibian/ area can we get this topic moved to not so spineless wonders?
I'm thinking of starting a colony of scorps so i asked in here.

I picked the tank up today and cleaned it out i have a few inchs of water in it and it doesnt seem to leak :)

does anyone know if taking the plastic 'tray' parts on the top and bottom off the aquarium will weaken it?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
only one post in this thread mentioned scorpions and that was chau's and the next closest thing was by galapoheros when he mentioned vinagaroons. the rest have all been fish or amphibian related until your last post

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah but there was some scorpion talk in here so I don't think they'll move it.

Arocknid

Arachnopeon
Would be cool to have a big ol' colony of Heterometrus or Centruroides (say...one giant log or slightly elevated tree branch).

Lets get this more scorpion oriented so Bayushi can stick it.;P