Gravid?

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So heres the deal, I've had this C vittatus for about a year now, I was pretty sure it was a male as the last two metasoma seemed kind of long to me and it had decent sized pectines but I've never been completely sure because I've only had pics to go by.

Well recently Scooter (yes that's it's name :p ) has been getting fatter without increased feedings, and I know Centruroides spp have been known to double or even triple clutch. If anyone experienced with breeding this species could give me an opinion that would be great, thnx.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No possible way its gravid, its definitatly a male.

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, I was so sure it was a male but the fact that I've never had a female to compare it to and that it was getting larger for no aparent reason made me wonder.

pokermon919

Arachnopeon
OOO oO! I'm also keeping some C. Vittatus. I got 3, I'm 100% sure you have a male. I have 2 females and 1 male. suppose to have 2-2 but 1 male died on delivery. I think your guy is just hitting full grown size now thats all. Its a male for sure. The females I have is way more plump than that pic of the guy u have up there. The male I have is a little bit skinnier then yours but u have a male so it can't be gravid. I'm thinking it probably hit the final size