Gravid?

ao4649

Arachnopeon
Aside from case-by-case and candlelighting, are there any surefire ways to tell if a wild-caught female is gravid?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Not your case for sure but definitely not if the T/T's in question (especially if a rare one) arrive from Germany, for that, rest assured, they wouldn't sell a gravid WC female. They will sell the 'babies'.

ao4649

Arachnopeon
ah! i live in texas, usa, so a lot of the w/c species here are Who Knows-- i heard recently a shipment of roseas/portreris turned up preggers so im a bit worried about my little girl-- though it's a bit doubtful. her abdomen is very large and getting larger despite the fact she's been fasting-- it's probably premolt, but i wanted to be sure because if she IS gravid im going to have a lot of preparations to make.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah indeed there's always that little % chance with rapture of WC T's. Post a pic if you can, man.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
My local pet shop recently got a shipment including about 25 adult G rosea/porteri and one of them is confirmed Gravid.

ao4649

Arachnopeon
ill post a pic next time she comes out of her hide! shes been very shy lately.

ao4649

Arachnopeon
update: i got her to come out, though she did curl up, shy girl.

IMG_0118.JPG

like i said, its probably just premolt, but i got concerned because her booty's doubled in size since i got her despite her not eating anything and the recent reports of w/c roseas coming up pregnant, so second opinions are always welcome. can't be too careful.