Gravid???

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey y'all,

I paired my Avicularia sp Guyana up last month although I didn't see any insertions the male was left in with her for about 4 days when I decided to take him back out as he looked like he was trying to make a sperm web which I guess is a good sign???

Since the pairing she has been VERY hungry although she just gets fed twice a week on brown crickets. Just wondered if anybody else thought she's looking gravid???

:cool:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cant get a clear enough shot of the abdomen.Did you try to candle her,or use an LED flashlight?See if she glows yellow....I have had many Avicularia drop sacks after co-habbing with the male. I only saw insertions once,I might add. I would treat her like she IS gravid until you can confirm.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I'm gonna get some new battery's in my torch and have a go later on although here is a better shot of her abdomen...

I'm thinking she is :}

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is quite possible.Keep on feeding her whatever she will take,and keep an eye on her. She will start to web like crazy soon if she is gravid...

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is quite possible.Keep on feeding her whatever she will take,and keep an eye on her. She will start to web like crazy soon if she is gravid...
Coolbeans, that's what Ive been doing, also upped the humidity a bit too ;)

webbedone

Arachnobaron
congratulations you might be a mommy soon call kmart and order 100 diapers or so!