Gravid T?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats a good question.
My guess is : She'll gain a lot of size and weight. Other than that, you can only wait for a eggsac to know for sure.

I have two T's I'm hoping are Gravid, but no eggsac yet..:(

Ernie

happymeal

Arachnopeon
That's kinda what I was thinking, I got her (G.Rosea) from a local pet shop, and she is huge. I guess I will wait and see.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats cool,
I have about 150 G. rosea slings from a female I bought from a Petco. Most or alot of rosea's are wild caught, so yours very well may be Gravid.. Hope so!!:D

Ernie

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine sure was!

Bought my rosea at a petso too, and now i have a hole lot of eggs with leggs :p She ate ALOT before she dug a burrow and made the eggsack :D

happymeal

Arachnopeon
She ate ALOT before she dug a burrow and made the eggsack
It's sounding more & more like she is. She has been eating ecerything in sight.

Shawn

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have not bred any T's of any kind. That being said, I have collected and observed MANY specimines of wild spider, mostly Tegenaria sp. Most of the females were already mated when collected. Many of these spiders would lay multiple eggsacs over a period of time. I noticed that most eggsacs were produced shortly after consuming a larger than normal meal. Because of this I tend to support the theory that the female eating the male is a way to ensure procreation of the species.

If I were to breed any T's, I would feed the mated female a few large meals and disturb her as little as possible.