Gravid Jumping Spider?

justdreamaria

Arachnopeon
Hello all! Im so happy ti have a new spider to the family, she’s slowly adjusting to her new home but when I first found her I noticed how plump she was. Well after a couple of days of her being in her enclosure she’s come out of hiding. I figured well maybe she just had a big meal before I caught her. (Which btw I saved her from jumping in my pool) But after a few days of hiding she’s still plump and hasn’t eaten yet. Could she be Gravid?

Attachments

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Hello all! Im so happy ti have a new spider to the family, she’s slowly adjusting to her new home but when I first found her I noticed how plump she was. Well after a couple of days of her being in her enclosure she’s come out of hiding. I figured well maybe she just had a big meal before I caught her. (Which btw I saved her from jumping in my pool) But after a few days of hiding she’s still plump and hasn’t eaten yet. Could she be Gravid?
Basically every female ground dwelling jumper (like yours) I’ve found these last few months was gravid. The likelihood is high. If she is she may make her egg sack. It may look like a small ball of dirt.