Gravid Buthus occitanus?

Gravid?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Hey guys,

I collected an adult Buthus occitanus around 11 months ago, which turned out to be a female. (I live in south France so I can get specimens of that species whenever I want,there's a big field and once I brought a UV lamp and I found 6 of them within 10 minutes, yes I'm a lucky guy)
She has been alright since then, she fed on grasshopper and roaches.
But 3 months ago, she started being VERY territorial, even killing preys without eating them.
The thing is she grew fat. And during those 3 months, she only ate once: a 2 centimeters long grasshopper, that was 2 weeks ago.
And she also almost never hides, she spends her time getting some heat on her rock, and sometimes she expands her legs to be as high as possible. There can't be any humidity issues as the substrate is pretty dry and it always was ever since I got her, it's the same substrate with the same moisture and at first she dug burrows etc..

I've taken some pics. Here they are: DSC01612.JPG DSC01610.JPG

So, what are you thoughts? You can vote on the poll up here :)
Thanks

Last edited:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey

Looks likely that she is pregnant

the activity with the legs is called 'stilting'

Most wild caught specimens will be pregnant! However I thought the gestation period for Buthus was quite short.. 11 months is very long!

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Thanks for your reply! And I didn't know that behavior had a name!
I've read somewhere on the internet it can be up to 14 months in France,so ..

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
Sorry, the team of this board deleted 3 times my selling-list without exact arguments. I didnt do anything wrong and i write all terms inside...

Thats why i delete my posts as i can...on top of that, please have fun at this board and who wants something from me...you know where u can find me. I will not post again in this forum!

brolloks

Arachnobaron
If you can shine a light from the side you might be able to see embryos. Or it might just be ready to moult ;)