Granby Zoo

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Apparently this goes here now... my boss gave us a pair of tickets for the zoo. Last time I went there is when Amanda came up here the first time, I took her to the zoo since she had taken me to the Cincinnati Zoo. I was ashamed when I saw how it looked like. I said I would never return again...

Well, with some free tickets, I decided to come back on my vows and I was not dissapointed. They have improved a lot their facilities and it is a much more decent zoo now. It is the end of the season here, so some exibits were closed and some new ones in preparation, but overall it was a very pleasant day.

Here are some pictures I salvaged and thought they were decent.

Martin

Attachments

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Martin,

Some of those photos are incredibly good - have you used photoshop at all to fade/blur out the backgrounds?

The owl and bald eagle are outstanding...

How many did you take of the flamingos?
Just curious because they give such great photo ops and I will take dozens of pictures and be lucky when one looks kinda decent in a half-assed way, lol.

Good to know that the zoo has improved - Winnipeg's is tragic, really.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its focus on the object and not the surrounding ;)

Yep great pix!

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks!

Sheri, the only thing I do is crop them if they need to and usually do a quick fix to enhance slightly the focus, it does not always do a big difference but I do it anyway.

I took several pictures of the flamingos, those were my favourite but most were good. I always take multiple pictures of everything to ensure I have at least one decent... I think that I took about 15 pics of the red panda and that was the only one that was acceptable.

Take care and thanks again

Martin

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I was there recently ( this past summer )
It is a decent zoo..

It's nice place to bring the family...

Its focus on the object and not the surrounding ;)

Yep great pix!
Well focus on the subject with a large aperature. will blur the background.

A small aperature will have a much larger depth of field.

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excellent and beautiful pics:clap: All of them very sharp:worship:

Edit: The 5th pic of the primates...yep that's me and my hair when I get up in the mornings LOL