Grammostola sp. North identification.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
How do you ID G. sp. North from other Grammostolas? I'm just curious since I can't see any obvious differences

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
I guess their colouration is what separates them from other Grammostolas. But then again, I bought my sp "North" as that and it doesn't look like the others I've seen here...

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I've also seen other G. sp. North that look different than that. There has to be at least a few different species in that locality.

Tin Foil Hat time: It's all a conspiracy to prevent newbs from breeding spiders so the vets can make more money. (this is a joke, don't take this seriously)

On a serious note, if the spider doesn't make you throw your arms up and say "who knows?!" it ain't a real rose hair.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I guess their colouration is what separates them from other Grammostolas.
Some Grammo's have different morphological features as well that go into taxonomic classification in case you were not aware, which you may know.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
How do you ID G. sp. North from other Grammostolas? I'm just curious since I can't see any obvious differences
Locality. Color isn't a solid taxonomically identifying feature.
"Looks like mine" or "looks like this" aren't identifiable.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
I've also seen other G. sp. North that look different than that. There has to be at least a few different species in that locality.
Could be slightly different ranges/anothrr morph. Or drastically more likely, just the product of sp. "North"/porteri/rosea/ECT hybridization

tAngents

Arachnopeon
I just joined the forum today thinking the tarantula I got yesterday was a G. rosea simply because the pet store called it a "rose hair" tarantula and that's what comes up when you Google "rose hair tarantula". Turns out I have a G. sp. "Northern Type", possibly "Northern Gold". Won't know for sure until it molts. I learned a lot today though, glad I found this place. Otherwise, I never would have known there were so many different Grammostolas. I'm just glad the care requirements all seem to be the same.