Grammostola Rosea Hybrid?

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Many Keepers have different opinions on whether Chilean Grammostola Roesa (RED) and Grammostola Rosea are the same species. I have 4 slings from the mother being a Red Phase Rose Hair and the Father being a Rose Hair. These guys are very petty. 1 is High Pink, another is pink beige and the other 2 are Copper. I will post pictures as soon as I take good ones of them.

Spidercrazy

Arachnosquire
Many Keepers have different opinions on whether Chilean Grammostola Roesa (RED) and Grammostola Rosea are the same species. I have 4 slings from the mother being a Red Phase Rose Hair and the Father being a Rose Hair. These guys are very petty. 1 is High Pink, another is pink beige and the other 2 are Copper. I will post pictures as soon as I take good ones of them.
they aren't hybrids they're just a different colorform.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Here are some pic of the Red Phase/Normal Phase R. Hairs

Rose Hair Slings Pics.
Taken with my cell last night.

Attachments

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont think you should have the cotton in there. Bacteria feast... normal dish is fine...

Zman181

Arachnoknight
You are absolutely right about the cotton causing Bacteria Feast. It's not cotton. It is a white piece of pea gravel :)

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ohhh ops! looks like cotton in the pictures, sorry man :)

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
I read somewhere that rose hairs will spawn brats that can turn variouse variations of copper colors. and that you'll see some that are dark in tint, and some with bright flashy copper colors. mine is somewhere inbetween, Rosa is somewhat 'light' in copper with a very dark under layer.

Gakovic

Arachnopeon
I need
i need to know what they look like know

cold blood

Staff member
You also need to keep in mind that the age of this thread shows itself in total and complete incorrect information. We once thought rosea had color forms, this is completely incorrect.

There are NO color forms of rose hairs. Only the red ones are rosea, the others are DIFFERENT species. Usually porteri or sp. north.

This is actually a scary thread to be still out there...old dated info thats just wrong is seemingly backed up by others leading new readers down the wrong path as it seems legit. Beware of old dated threads.

Gakovic

Arachnopeon
You also need to keep in mind that the age of this thread shows itself in total and complete incorrect information. We once thought rosea had color forms, this is completely incorrect.

There are NO color forms of rose hairs. Only the red ones are rosea, the others are DIFFERENT species. Usually porteri or sp. north.

This is actually a scary thread to be still out there...old dated info thats just wrong is seemingly backed up by others leading new readers down the wrong path as it seems legit. Beware of old dated threads.
Noted! Thank you