Grammostola Pulchripes

Tang

Arachnopeon
Hi all, 1 of my chaco's molted today.It was like near 3".:D It tooks like 5 hrs for her/him to finish.sure worries me.it is the largest T I currently own.
possible to reach 4" after this molt??

BTW, can anyone sex it for me???
here's the pic of the molt..do i need to soak it with water to make some clearer pics??

thanks

Tang

Arachnopeon
lol... i'm not really a computer guy..:eek::eek:
i dun know how to zoom it....
my crappy camera cant take clearer pics too if i zoom it too near.:eek:

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most digital camera should have a macro mode that will let you take a close up. Which kind do you have?

Tang

Arachnopeon
panasonic 7mp..using macro already....but this is the most clear pic i got.when i zoom it too near, the pics were blur```damn should i get a SLR?

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That should have good enough macro. You probably can place the lens a 2-3 in away from the molt, and lightly press the button. The camera will refocus. You will need good lighting though.

Tang

Arachnopeon
That should have good enough macro. You probably can place the lens a 2-3 in away from the molt, and lightly press the button. The camera will refocus. You will need good lighting though.
I'll try again and post more pics of it.
btw, do i need to wet the molt ???

Tang

Arachnopeon
This is wat i can only get..:eek:

really need to consider to getting a SLR..:D
(with macro lense of coz)

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
i'm gonna dare to say its a female. from what I could make out, your T has a slit right between the booklungs, just like mine does.

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think its hard telling what it is. I wouldnt get too stoked yet, it could be either or. I thought it was male at first then looked closer and yeah your right ghost that it looks like a slit there,,,,but I have had a G.pulchripes I swore was female and it molted out a MM.........the closer the better as far as the pic goes....and lets get some other opinions.:clap:

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
hi mate - that chaco

This is wat i can only get..:eek:

really need to consider to getting a SLR..:D
(with macro lense of coz)
took your shots into picasa for some zooming in - it's a bit blurry, but i'm gonna say male. i don't see spermathecae anywhere there.
hope you don't mind that i worked your pix.

from pic one - looked pretty female here

but.. from pic 2 (which is a lot clearer, to me) - looks like the flap that seemed to point to spermathecae was a trick of the light.

or have i completely lost the plot?:D

Last edited:

Mr. Irminia

Arachnopeon
im gonna have to go male on this one. I really dont see any kind of flap in these pics , but im no expert either.

Tang

Arachnopeon
Haiz....
Hoping a gal...but gonna need a male too...

Still got chances...there's another chaco molted..lol