Grammostola pulchra?

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi all, I got another G. pulchra, but it looks different from my other two. It is similar in size to the one shown in the attached picture, but just looks different? Is it possible it might be another type? possibly Grammostola grossa? Since I already have 2 pulchra, I wouldn't mind if it was, actually it would be pretty cool to know that I have another type. but I'll leave it up to you all to let me know what I might have.

Here is a picture of one of my original G. pulchra:

Attachments

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think the last one is fat... But I'm sorry to say that I can't help you any further :(.

Dennis

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe it's close to molting - it looks a little thin back there. Otherwise, I don't think the G. Pulchras usually kick hairs.

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It looks like a G.pulchra to me.
It looks like i'ts a molt behind the first one

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:? sorry but i dont know , still quite new to all of this and have only seen a handful of Ts to date.still waiting to see an usambara. hmmmmm maybe that other post was right , european n i did say an:? oops sorry for that my mind wanders a bit:p must be getting old

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
i have to agree with cronoss--the first picture looks like it's one moult ahead of the second picture. what tips me off is the fact that the tarantula in picture #2 doesn't show as much hair on the legs as the t in the first picture, also it has "white" or "semi-transparent" legs, which leads me to believe the 2nd tarantula isn't that far out of spiderling-hood.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree...

Looks very much like it's a pulchra as well just behind the 1st one in growth. Also they get duller looking before a molt.

Phil

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a G.pulchra and that first picture looks identical to mine.

Mark

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree.. I don't see any difference other than the baldness... it definitely looks like the same type of T. That first one is a beauty!! I hope your new one moults to look just like it!!=D

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks all for your replies. I would have been happy either way as I love pulchras but would also love to have a grossa.
Also, thanks veronyka! The first one is named "Inkie" and I got him a .5 inch spiderling back in September. He's almost 2 inches now and is quite a character. When he matures, I'll definately be looking for a female to breed him with.
The second one, "Spooky" is a sweetheart as well. I'm really hoping it is a she as I already have another male pulchra "Velvet" who is about 3 inches.
Again thanks!
Ralph

Kevmaster06

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry if im completley wrong but i say it looks like a kind of trap door Spider. i saw a few pics and this spider looks just like it. but im probobly wrong...:confused:

Andrew273

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not that I'm an expert but my smithi's abdomen looked just like that before she molted. Once she did she looked like a normal T. I don't think it's overfed. As for being a pulchra: Not many T's I know all black with a face like that. {D

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
Guys the post is almost 5 years old.......:clap:

Andrew273

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
W...T...F...

Remind me to look at the OP date next time I don't feel like embarasing myself...

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D {D {D {D {D :wall:
So did it turn out to be a pulchra or not?
I feel like a big :5: now for not looking at the date.