Grammostola Pulchra Pricing

Desert Rose

Arachnopeon
Around how much would a G. pulchra cost for a spiderling, and how much for a sub adult. What would it cost in a store and what would it cost at an expo. Can anybody give me an average price?

I am dying to get one, but I heard they were costly.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well there was a batch being sold I think by Southerspiderworks for 40 each as slings. Sub adults spike up into the 100-175+ range, females are even more. They will come down as soon as we can get those stubborn things to reproduce.
If you are lucky and find them at a show so long as its not 60+ for a slings id take it.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They're for sale occasionally in the US, although it took me over a year to find any for sale.

I just bought 4 slings from Southern Spider Works for around $30 each, although I think they're now sold out. Some adults or sub-adults I've seen advertised have been in the $150-300 range depending on size and sex.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hmm thats about 30 USD i think
It more like $55.20. No peso's here my American friend. If you guys would stop invading other countries your money might be worth more...

I just bought a G pulchra for $ 45.00 CDN ( $ 41.40 US )

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I bought 3 G.pulchra from SSW not to long ago as well. I'm pretty sure the prices they had em at could have been higher if they wanted to, but yeah the reason G.pulchra's market price is so high is because they don't reproduce so easily in captivity.

I would say $50 average for slings, $150 average for subadults, and $225 average for females.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would say $50 average for slings, $150 average for subadults, and $225 average for females.

Sigh.. and I can so remember the long lost days when I could get a decent size sling for only $19 and an adult female for $100. Prices have increased around 150% in the past few years.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It more like $55.20. No peso's here my American friend. If you guys would stop invading other countries your money might be worth more...

I just bought a G pulchra for $ 45.00 CDN ( $ 41.40 US )

last time i sent money to Canada i sent 30 and they got almost 50 lol

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well they are too ugly to be worth that (crossing fingers that the price goes down so he can grab a few up before people realize it was a ploy)

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If they're so hard to breed (I was under the impression Grammostola's were relatively easy to due the frequency G. aureostriata and G. rosea are given away as freebies) why are they always imported from Europe in the masses? Is there some environmental condition in Europe we don't have here in the US? Do G. pulchra's just adore a German accent?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If they're so hard to breed (I was under the impression Grammostola's were relatively easy to due the frequency G. aureostriata and G. rosea are given away as freebies) why are they always imported from Europe in the masses? Is there some environmental condition in Europe we don't have here in the US? Do G. pulchra's just adore a German accent?
I wouldn't say they were hard per sai, just stubborn. European breeders always do better then us Americans for some reason. :p

Norsken

Arachnopeon
Hi, just bought my sub adult Pulchra female for 400Norwegian(it's like $65) a month ago, she has molted an is now like 10-11 cm.

I also read somewhere that you have to lower the temperature to 57-59 fahrenheit after you breed them to get the female to produce an sack....

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
where can i get one in the u.k for £10phil
The spider shop had some slings recently for £9.99 each but sold out within a couple of days. I managed to get 2 before they were all snapped up.

Elaine

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 2 pulchras right now. I bought my female sub-adult for like 150$. I was luckier with my male which was much larger but for only 60$.
I have two mature females coming in July which I both got for 137$ each. I hope to be able to breed them soon. They're my fave T's and plan to have a lot of them, lol...

Male

Female

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are G. aureostriata easier to get a sac from? Why are they so numerous in comparison to pulchra? Are aureostriatas "newer" than pulchras?

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice T Norsken congrats, and your pulchras are nice too Ratz... I saw some slings here in Europe around 10-15 sterling pounds (25-30 usd :? more or less)

Spoodergirl

Arachnopeon
Around how much would a G. pulchra cost for a spiderling, and how much for a sub adult. What would it cost in a store and what would it cost at an expo. Can anybody give me an average price?

I am dying to get one, but I heard they were costly.
I just got a sub adult female for $115 and a juvie male for $50.