Grammostola grossa

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Those are great spiders. They are large , handsome, and generally docile. Great pic, BTW.

John

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, John!

Yes, they are gorgeous, with a nice shiny metallic-like abdomen!

Definitely one of my faves!

Take care,

Paul

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey, great picts,

i was wondering if they grow fast?
I got a really small spiderling that's about 2cm, how long it's gonna take to become adult?

greetz

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Steven and all,

I don't know how long it takes them to reach adulthood, but the ones I have seem to be growing fairly quickly. I would lump them in a fast growth to medium growth category. They've grown an inch to two inches in the last five months (they were between one and two inches when I recieved them).

Has anyone else here kept this species from spiderling to adulthood?

Take care,

Paul

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, I have had my Marikka (I call her), since she was a spiderling and she has grown quite rapidly. Of course it helps that she eats like a pig and I let her. They are really pretty and fuzzy the bigger they get.
Becky

Attachments

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Becky,

Awesome! What size is Marikka now and how long did it take for her to reach her present size? (Grammostola-enquiring minds [or should that be grossa-enquiring minds?] :? want to know!) :D

Cheers,

Paul

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Awww....how cute! I need to get some new *good* pics of some of my spiders......

Leanne

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Paul,
I've had her for 2 1/2 years now. I just measured her a 6" fully extended. Got lucky and she was all stretched out. She has always been such a good eater since I got her so I let her get fat and I think that helped her growth rate out or they are just fast growers like the L.parahybana.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
Hi Paul,
I've had her for 2 1/2 years now. I just measured her a 6" fully extended. Got lucky and she was all stretched out. She has always been such a good eater since I got her so I let her get fat and I think that helped her growth rate out or they are just fast growers like the L.parahybana.
Hi Becky,

Wow! What a beauty!

Seems like they are somewhere inbetween as L. parahybana can reach the same size in a matter of six months if power fed. But 2 years to that size is pretty quick growth anyway! Much quicker than many species! Thankyou for sharing, I was wondering how long I have with the juves I'm raising.

Best wishes,

Paul

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Those are a couple of awsome pics...what are you using for lighting?

John
];')

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, John!

I just set these near the open front door, which faces east, when I took them. No direct sunlight or any unusual lighting, though.
Probably around noon when I took them.

I can't wait until they get as large as Beckys :D but I guess I'll have to!

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited: