Grammostola aureostriata

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was thinking about buying one of these from an AB member but i needed some info.s omethings i wanted to know are:

do they go on and off random fast like the rose hairs do?

Do they grow fast or slow?

Do they eat a lot or a little?

any more information would be great...

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i noticed my g.aureostriatas grow faster than my rose hairs. as for their appetite, they eat a lot, never rejects food but for wat i heard and read grammostolas have a tendency to fast for months which i still i haven't encountered.

also my g aureo slings would make a mess out of their homes, mini bulldozers :D

Giantsfan24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do they web alot or burrow?

Its funny how some T.'s will simply refuse to hide, almost like they know they are safe.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My B. smithi stays on porch patrol..lol,just all manned up in the middle of the tank still as can be and stocky as he can stand...the others only come out once in awhile...no, no, I take that back, the A. avic is always out! she made a lil hammock in the middle of the tank and sits on it for everyone to view her in all her beauty...lol!

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mine doesn't burrow but will dig. The only time i've seen it web is just prior to molt. Mine is a great eater and very active (compared to my rosie who sits around and does nothing most of the time) I say get it :clap:

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine doesn't web much, but it likes to dig and rearrange. It's a good eater and fairly calm for a sling.

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. aureostriats havent burrowed yet. I still keep them in their film canisters. about 2 cm now. I had three but one suffered a bad moult about a month ago and died just a week ago. So far they seem to grow fast. The two left with me are twice their original size when I got them last month. As for fasting, I still dont know. My roseas only fast when in premolt. by then their tummies are really huge. hehe. I always power feed my slings. Hope this helps.

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine has never refused food either unless it's in pre-molt. It's a cricket munching machine.

Like others...mine digs but just to move earth it seems like. It doesn't burrow and try and hide.

It's a good looking and docile T that I enjoy. I'd definately recommend one to anyone who likes NW terrestrials.

~Fred

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine dug some trenches running around and under its flower pot. then it covered them up with soil and i havent seen the little guy since. It's still quite small though.

Do they stay out more as they get bigger?

LMS

pedipalps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. aureo are one of my favorite T's. Very docile and calm and likes crawl to my arm every time when i open the enclosure. I did not see any aggresion at all. I think this is a good choice.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We have a mature male G. Aureostriata, and he is always sitting out in the open. Very nice lookin' guy for sure, and he seems like he doesnt mind being held too much. He hasnt eaten anything yet, but as he has already moulted into maturity, I'm not surprised. I would recommend one of em....in fact, I want another one (and hopefully a female next time)

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mine dug some trenches running around and under its flower pot. then it covered them up with soil and i havent seen the little guy since. It's still quite small though.

Do they stay out more as they get bigger?

LMS
in my expereince, they do become little show offs as they mature. and just as i was typing this, my little guy came out and felt like posing

Flagg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm jealous. I got 2 little tiny 1/4-1/2" G. Aureostriata a little over a month ago. I can't get pinheads so I've been feeding them small crushed crickets or cricket legs twice a week. They don't seem to be growing or eating much for that matter, though it's hard to tell if they've eaten any parts of the crushed crickets.

Their legs and upper body are tan-gold and abdomen almost black... does this mean they're going to molt? They've looked like this since I got them.

Shouldn't they be molting about once a month when this small?