Grammastola Pulchra Sling 1.5"

Lalunajess

Arachnopeon
If my spiderling has barricaded itself in its burrow since March, should i not feed it until it comes out? Or should i put a worm or roach or cricket in there to see if it wants to eat, although i would imagine it would take time for it to move all the dirt

Attachments

dman13760

Arachnosquire
I would leave it..... you can tell your sling is in heavy premolt. Best to let it molt, harden, and open the burrow on its own accord

Lalunajess

Arachnopeon
Thanks. Im just new to tarantulas and the amount of time not eating or drinking is weird to me

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
I would leave it..... you can tell your sling is in heavy premolt. Best to let it molt, harden, and open the burrow on its own accord
Agreed. Tarantulas know what they are doing. Them shutting the entrance to their burrow means "Do not disturb!". Though for slowing growing terrestrials like these, I'd suggest @cold blood 's way of keeping terrestrials with shallow substrate.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I'll provide the obverse opinion here. I can't see the full size of the enclosure, but I think as long as the T has no problems getting it's food, you can see into that burrow easily to keep an eye on him. Just my .02. That large booty doesn't need anymore food right now. Don't flood the burrow, but I'd give a moist spot in the sub to drink from, too.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Agree that is one chonky sling, and I let my slings get laughably fat 😅

It looks perfectly happy in there, won't need food until a week after it molts.

Agree on dripping some water in near the burrow, but be really careful not to overdo it. I over-watered a sling trying to make sure it could drink, and it did not end well.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If my spiderling has barricaded itself in its burrow since March, should i not feed it until it comes out? Or should i put a worm or roach or cricket in there to see if it wants to eat, although i would imagine it would take time for it to move all the dirt
That's a FAT T- leave it alone! You haven't read enough nor looked at enough images to gauge when and when not to feed a sling- start doing that.