Grammastola grossa fresh out of molt

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats. on the molt.
I've had both of my G.rosea's molt in the past two months.
My last one molted this past Sat. It took aprox. 8 hrs. after it flipped on its back. ;)

Ernie

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...Ooh. This reminds me of that topic I made about different Grammys.
Anyway, that one doesn't look alot like J.P's or Joy's grossas, does it ? It looks like the few pictures of G.Mollicoma I've seen ..but then, that might be juvenile colouring, ..or ..anything.

Nice pic though, beautiful spider.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vys
...Ooh. This reminds me of that topic I made about different Grammys.
Anyway, that one doesn't look alot like J.P's or Joy's grossas, does it ? It looks like the few pictures of G.Mollicoma I've seen ..but then, that might be juvenile colouring, ..or ..anything.

Nice pic though, beautiful spider.
I agree Vys. It doesn't look alot like mine, and it is beautiful. My big girl just molted recently too (no egg sac darn it:mad: ). I bought a spider as G. mollicoma that looks very similar to the 4 G. grossas that I have. Makes you wonder.....

This is a pic of my smaller female grossa ( about 3.75")

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is the spider that I bought as G. mollicoma. This is a 4" female. What do you think Vys?

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gah.

I think your 'mollicoma' is a grossa, while I realize Marika from another angle could show that 'golden' carapace as well. Upon closer inspection of this 'mollicoma' http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/sparky4.jpg
pic, I think I'd like to know if Grossa and Mollicoma are the same species. And Pulchripes.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vys
Gah.

I think your 'mollicoma' is a grossa, while I realize Marika from another angle could show that 'golden' carapace as well. Upon closer inspection of this 'mollicoma' http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/sparky4.jpg
pic, I think I'd like to know if Grossa and Mollicoma are the same species. And Pulchripes.
Well, according to The World Spider Catalog by Norman I. Platnick, G. pulchripes is a junior synonym of G. mollicoma. I do agree with you that every pic that I've ever seen of G. mollicoma( including my supposed specimen) looks remarkably similar to G. grossa.