Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

squeaky10199

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my bad, from the first pic it looked like your rosie has really long legs, and not the big of an abdomen, usually females are much bulkier in the butt... But i jus realized in one of the pics, it doesnt have boxing gloves... THeo nly way you would be able to tell is if it had hooks underneath the first true legs and the first hand like legs would be like boxing gloves.. :D

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Also looks rather male to me. Need better pics that more clearly show the palps.

But yes. Lose the wood chips, and make it a 'ground-dweller-friendly' enclosure. G. rosea are terrestrial, meaning they live on the ground. It is likely if you provide too much room between the lid and the substrate, the tarantula will fall and perhaps fatally injure itself.

Try some Eco Earth, and fill it to within 3-4" of the top of the enclosure. If you have made the mistake of purchasing an arboreal-type setup (such as a zoo-med/Zilla front-opening reptile cage), you will likely want to acquire a different enclosure. A large Kritter Keeper would work just fine, or you could pick up a five or ten gallon tank.

Hope this helps!

Dorittos

Arachnopeon
Also looks rather male to me. Need better pics that more clearly show the palps.

But yes. Lose the wood chips, and make it a 'ground-dweller-friendly' enclosure. G. rosea are terrestrial, meaning they live on the ground. It is likely if you provide too much room between the lid and the substrate, the tarantula will fall and perhaps fatally injure itself.

Try some Eco Earth, and fill it to within 3-4" of the top of the enclosure. If you have made the mistake of purchasing an arboreal-type setup (such as a zoo-med/Zilla front-opening reptile cage), you will likely want to acquire a different enclosure. A large Kritter Keeper would work just fine, or you could pick up a five or ten gallon tank.

Hope this helps!
that helped allot! and the cage is a old 20 gallon tank we had
that i just flipped up vertically figured the G. rosea would not need huge amounts of space and that would save me some space for some thing else lol thank you!

By the way... for future reference, it's spelled Grammostola.
oops hahaha thank you for correcting me on that {D

david30

Arachnopeon
sorry bit of a poor pic but i will get a better 1 in a few days wen she settles

david30

Arachnopeon
hello all here is a updated photo better quility hope u like my T.
could any 1 let me know how she looks....she looks great to me......wat i mean i guess is, is she geting ready for the molt or anything really i only got her yesterday and i am new.

energizer2010

Arachnopeon
I personally think she is looking great. But I too am also a newbie to this hobby. I currently own one G. Rosea sling and I am getting ready to purchase an avicularia purpurea as soon as I am able to get my pet store to order me one in:D

Cosmeaux

Arachnopeon
This is Vida, she is a spida. Vida just looks vicious, lol. She is about 5 years old and beautiful. I recently got a gorgeous almost mature male for her. She started acting crazy as soon as I brought him into my T room. I think she could smell him. We are waiting patiently for my male to mature, this is my first breeding pair and she is ready.

Attachments

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Simple, but I think he/she is beautiful. In fact, I think all Roseas are beautiful. I'll add more as I take more pictures :)

Sukai94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pat (Comatose) suggested I post these pictures :)

Here is a relatively freshly molted RCF next to a relatively freshly molted "regular" rosehair. I would have liked to photograph two females but mine never molted in my care. These molted within weeks of each other. I wanted to get them together in the same picture to showcase their differences.Those two were never bred. The male was bred to one of my RCF females but sadly she did not roll the sac right. He died a few months later.

The pictures have not been altered in any way.