Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

Cawdy

Arachnopeon
New camera as an early christmas gift, and whats the first thing I do?

Take pics of my G. rosea {D

Here are a few neat pics of her home I got and just have to share cause they just look too cool :razz: Shes made webs everywhere and has been moving rocks and dirt...its just too cute to watch!!! :D

Enjoy!!! Will have more up soon!!!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very cool! Your G. rosea sounds way more active than mine lol

Cawdy

Arachnopeon
She can be..it depends on the days..some days she is very active others she is the normal pet rock I know and love lol.

Here is another pic I just took of her before checking here. {D

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Fun times!!!!! Achmed examining a G. rosea Tarantula.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Walter's coming home soon. I don't like peanut. That G. rosea is all I have left of the 1000's of T's that I had. I miss them but won't get any more.

Steven Valys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome back Chris! It's been a while. Don't like Peanut? Everyone like loud, obnoxious, purple monkeys.

fandip

Arachnopeon
Hey all, I haven't been on here much other than reading but I thought I'd post some of these picts. Finally was able to get my camera in working order and they turned out pretty darn well. This is the second G. Rosea I've purchased. The first I've had over a year and a half now and it's only eaten once so I thought a bigger one would be fun.

This sucker will eat like nobody's business!

my fav

tebs

Arachnopeon
Love the bastard! Hopefully he starts munchin' on some crickets soon...just got him bout a week ago....

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Before I got out of the hobby I had this girl. She must have been several years old when I got her. I had her 3 years, and she was pretty nice sized... measured diagonally she was about 5"+ inches with a 3" body. She was a great eater and such a grumpy thing... I had to give her away due to some financial issues (I also got out of aquaria then). I wish I would have held onto her.
She hated me. lol

Dorittos

Arachnopeon
my friend believes this is a Gramastola rosea and after much comparing to other pics i believe she is, i got her from a really crappy pet shop i felt sorry at how bad caged they had her >< she is my first "T" and she is extremely docile has not once bared her fangs or any thing i picked up some things about the Gramastola rosea online but if any one would like to give advise on the "T" pleas do so ty =)

her finished cage and i toned down the light as i discovered there more active in the night

YearsOfDecay

Arachnopeon
Definately a Rosie there!!!! What I would be inclined to suggest is lose the wood/bark chips you have there on the substrate, it has been known to cause injury, also Rose's don't like wet/too damp substrate so try to keep it as dry as possible or else they'll start to climb the walls of the enclosure and being a terrestrial species, they're not the greatest climbers so could easily fall. Just use a water dish with a few stones in it to stop food items from drowning and when you fill it, overflow it a little into the substrate and that'll be fine for maintaining humidity :)