Gotta love those chromatus

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They are such chow hounds. Here is a 3 in unsexed juvie that just doesn't want to stop eating. The next molt should produce a serious size increase. :)

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I agree 100%, mine is the about the same size as yours and is a fun spider to watch woof down them crickets.

Chilobrachys

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My little guy look like that about now. I can't wait until it's full grown.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
About a week ago I saw mine's abdomen start to darken and I figured it was in pre-molt...noooooooooo! He started wandering around, so I threw a full sized cricket in with him. He immediately grabbed it. I have been feeding him everyother day so he stops wandering. Mine is the same size and looks exactly the same. I like when you can still see the heart on young t's!

--Dan

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Chromatus

Just like their "twins". A Genic, they're just insatiable eating machines!

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
These guys are fast in growth huh? From about a 1/2" sling how soon before you start to see those beautiful colors you'd say?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's awesome! My G. Pulchripes LOVES to eat it seems. It's abdomen has gotten pretty dark (and huge), but it still isn't refusing food so I am not sure what to make of it. I know some T's don't show any signs before a molt, but I don't know the percentage. I was looking at the Chromatus today (again really) and I really would like one. What kind of temperament does yours have?

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
That's awesome! My G. Pulchripes LOVES to eat it seems. It's abdomen has gotten pretty dark (and huge), but it still isn't refusing food so I am not sure what to make of it. I know some T's don't show any signs before a molt, but I don't know the percentage. I was looking at the Chromatus today (again really) and I really would like one. What kind of temperament does yours have?
Mine is totally handle-able, but not when it is in pre-molt. I know mine is in pre-molt now because (1) it wouldn't take a cricket, and (2) because it barricaded its hide with substrate and webbing. You should get one, they are a very fun species. I got mine in October and it had a fairly small abdomen. It is a 2.5"-3" specimen, and is now in premolt. So compared to a rosea or Brachy, they are pretty fast growers. I also think it will gain a lot of size this next molt (just like the OP).

--Dan

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I posted this question in my own thread, but I was hoping you can answer this a little better. Has your chromatus struck at you, or does it regularly flick hair?

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
I posted this question in my own thread, but I was hoping you can answer this a little better. Has your chromatus struck at you, or does it regularly flick hair?
Mine has done neither, except the last time I tried to feed it, then it went into a threat display. IME it isn't a good idea just to stick your hand in and prod the spider:D. I use a paintbrush to test the temperament and if it doesn't kick hairs or run into its hide, I take it out. Once I do have it out, it usually just sits there. It isn't as fun as an Avic, with all of their antics{D! I don't generally like handling this species because of their general unpredictability and potential skittishness.

--Dan

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mine don't flick hairs but my adults throw up a threat display pretty quickly.