Got this hysterocrates sp at pet store

Venom 13

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone. Check this out. I really like this hysterocrates sp from Cameroon. What do you guys think?? Large carapace with thin legs but moves like a ghost!! I found out that is was a wild caught so it is not a hybrid species of the pet trade. I went to try to purchase more of them but when I check them out, they had parasites. That sucks. Beautiful Ts. hysterocrates sp cameroon1 (2).jpg hysterocrates sp cameroon2.jpg

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Looks like my H.sp crassipes/gigas.. From what I understand crassipes has fatter tibia on the last set of legs than gigas. Both Gigas and crassipes are reportedly found in cameroon although I have been told by some that only crassipes is found in Cameroon..

The Genus is messy.. I got three from Cameroon. I know they came from Cameroon because they came in with a shipment of Rhino vipers from Cameroon. Two had fat tibia like crassipes one had smaller tibia like gigas..

Imo both must occur there and as a result I'm sure there are naturally occurring hybrids.. Mine could be yours could be.. Only God knows for sure.

I could be completely wrong but that's my understanding of the mess that is Hysterocrates sp.cameroon.

Venom 13

Arachnopeon
True. The genus us just a mess. I just feel lucky to get such a good looking wild caught. It looked pretty rough when I first got her a month ago. The thin back legs is what caught my attention. Then she molted into what you see here. She put on some nice size, About half an inch. I am hoping she grows into an 8inch monster. Only time will tell. I do get lucky though. I have had many Ts get above average size. My Lasiodora Parahybana was just over 9 1/2 and lived 24 years. So just going to wait and see what this one will max out at. :)