Got this girl last night, for free!

RP91

Arachnopeon
She was posted on Craigslist for free. I was able to catch the post 5 hours after it was listed and got her that night after work.

She was listed as a Mexican Red Knee, but knew she is a G. porteri. I did not correct the current owner, felt it would be rude. He said he had her for 8 years and got her at about an inch, which puts her likely in the 10+ year old mark.

I have a mature male G. porteri and will be looking into breeding them soon once she gets all settled in. I heard its a more difficult species breed.

Attachments

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
She was posted on Craigslist for free. I was able to catch the post 5 hours after it was listed and got her that night after work.

She was listed as a Mexican Red Knee, but knew she is a G. porteri. I did not correct the current owner, felt it would be rude. He said he had her for 8 years and got her at about an inch, which puts her likely in the 10+ year old mark.

I have a mature male G. porteri and will be looking into breeding them soon once she gets all settled in. I heard its a more difficult species breed.
I don't care what anyone says - I love me a good old fashioned G. porteri. Awesome find, I wish people around here would post Ts on craigslist. :rofl:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't care what anyone says - I love me a good old fashioned G. porteri. Awesome find, I wish people around here would post Ts on craigslist. :rofl:
The people here do post Ts on Craigslist - but not usually freebies! Most of the time they're either incredibly overpriced - or mature males of the local Aphonopelma species that they happened to find/catch and are hoping to sell to someone who doesn't know any better! (And they're still overpriced!)

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Great find! She looks lovely. I got my G. rosea for free, something about this species that says "give me away for no money!"

AracnoDreams

Arachnopeon
They live forever .... I have a female that I have had for 12 years and before my friend had her for 8 years and he bought her at a pet store as an adult

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Ah yes the old floof knee tarantula, commonly mistaken for a redknee for some reason. Excellent specimen, looks like she's been well cared for

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Amazing! but also Big SMH at the owner having the spider for 8+ yrs and thinking it was a hamorii/smithi :rofl: