Got them today..:o)

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all..

Got my Malaysian Earth Tiger and my Venezuelan Suntiger today and what a fast couple they are..:)

I mean they move so fast that it's like one-frame movement.

One second there and next second "vanished" to another spot..:D

The move the Irminia did from the vail up to the corner in the cage was the fastest "move" I've seen so far a T' do.

Kenny

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Good luck with your new charges. Are they your first aggressive species or do you already have experience with keeping the more aggressive types?

Gail

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi..:eek:)

Hi...

I'm a complete rookie when it comes to defensive speices.

So it's going to be an interesting "ride":D

My collection is: 2 Versicolors, 1 A.Avicularia, 1 Green Bottle Blue, 1 Chaco, 1 Suntiger, 1, M.Earth Tiger,,aaaand I'm getting an Usambara tomorrow because I'm taking a s'ling since my stepson gets 3 free s'lings from a buy he's doing and he asked me if I wanted to take one s'ling and I said "yes".
Soooooo,,"defensive",, here we go..:D

Kenny

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Looks like I'm along for that ride too :D what with the two pokies I am getting. Though it is my understanding that they will not attack me just for the hell of it, they'll need to be provoked. Unlike that orange bitey thing you will be getting =D
I used to have a stout leg babbon, but it was too nasty for my tastes, not to mention rather boring as spiders go since it was very secretive and not much of a looker except for those cool legs. I traded it off and let me tell you it was an adventure getting it out of it's house and into a deli cup! Reared up, bared it's fangs and venom was dripping off of the fangs! Whew, it was exciting!
The nastiest thing I have right now is my Giant White Knee. She is so greedy an eater that I have to use Joy's (from Petbugs) method and rap rather hard on the lid of her enclosure before I open it. If I don't, she thinks I'm just another meal and will make a lunge for me. If I rap, she seems to know I am too big to eat but will still give me sass about cleaning in her cage or moving stuff around. When I fill her water dish she tries to attack the water! And I am quite certain that if I put my hand down there where she could get it she would jump right on and fang me - she almost got me once because she was sitting so still on the far side of her enclosure, apparently ignoring me, so I figured I could reach in and grab her water dish. BAD MOVE. That fat girl shot over at my hand so fast that I almost fell over backwards pulling it out! I only remove her dish with 12" tweezers now :D

Gail

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:eek:)

Hi,,

Well,,I treat them as display and I thought like this: Since I am treating my other ones like that, the A.Avic, the Versis, the GBB, so I thought , oki doki if I get a defensive T and do the same it should work. They run first and then they get pouty with me.

Although,,the M. Earth Tiger did get pouty with me when I tried to get h/er/im out of the vail.

Kenny