Got the shot!

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After hours of watching and missing the shots I finally capture it on video. My male anole "claiming" his territory.

[YOUTUBE]BYTOBfNc5Yc[/YOUTUBE]

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
HA, cool, try playing along, backing up, pretend like you are afraid, they seem to get more confident and do it more often. Immediately when you see one acting cocky like that, back off and drift away, really, I think it encourages them.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL The first time he did that I ran out the room to grab the camera... that must have been an ego trip for that guy LOL

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL The first time he did that I ran out the room to grab the camera... that must have been an ego trip for that guy LOL
{D{D{D

Nice video. Now that's something I would love to photograph one of these days.

Still debating between anoles or patriot crab.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you do the mirror trick? I saw it on BBC's Nature (I think) and the host basically uses a mirror to trick the anole into believing its reflection is a rival male, to which it does its display. Pretty funny :D

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No I did not use the mirror trick. Male anoles will display naturally like that when claiming a spot for themselves.

@Eelnoob I dont know what a patriot crab is so I cant offer any advice on which to pick.