Got Slate?

Noxocubed

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, I have a slate (roof tile I found on a rubbish tip) should I just put it into the tank with the emp scorps or does it need to be put somewhere in particular like near the heat lamp etc. I washed it under the hot tap then put in in the oven and baked it for about 20 minutes, should this be ok to make sure its clean?

How should I get them in the mood again now that I have the slate?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey

put it so that it touches one of the walls of the container, and make sure it is as flat as possible, this means they wont be running around in circles around the slate (they stick to walls IME) and when the male senses it, hell do his job

ive never washed any of the stuff ive put into my enclosure, so you're method seems fine ;)

put the slate in, and increase temp and humidity (not higher than 35C or 90% rh)

Noxocubed

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey

put it so that it touches one of the walls of the container, and make sure it is as flat as possible, this means they wont be running around in circles around the slate (they stick to walls IME) and when the male senses it, hell do his job

ive never washed any of the stuff ive put into my enclosure, so you're method seems fine ;)

put the slate in, and increase temp and humidity (not higher than 35C or 90% rh)
Cool, thanks. I will go try it! :)

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How big of a roll does temperature play in the pregnancy and mating situation? I was thinking about turning my tank up to around 85F. Would this be a safe bet to increase the chances of the two mating?