Got my T!!! im really new in this hobby...

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
I am already into scorpions when i try to get into T. Bought 4 new slings. 2 smithi and 2 geniculata. Anything to add in caring for them aside from the usual caresheets? how often would i need to feed them? the geniculatas are quite small about 1cm but the smithis are about an inch already. Thanx for any info.

Attachments

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
Welcome to the T side of the hobby. I feed my a.genic every 5 days she seems to do very well like that .

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you can't find food for them small enough, you can feed them dead cricket pieces or cricket legs. It makes sling care much easier. They don't need a water dish until they're much bigger. Just keep the substrate damp. Not swampy but damp.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
You may want to remove the porous rocks because they can be difficult to clean when they get poop or left over food on them. squeeze any excess water out of the substrate to make sure its not swampy. Other than that it looks fine to me. Enjoy your new additions and welcome to the hobby! :D

Edit: I feed slings as much as they want until they stop eating. Or just try to feed every other day until they wont eat then wait for a molt.

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
Is it correct to feed it twice a day? I also thought slings are fed every other day but the seller told me one in the morning and one in the evening... The two geniculata are not really good eater...

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Is it correct to feed it twice a day? I also thought slings are fed every other day but the seller told me one in the morning and one in the evening... The two geniculata are not really good eater...
I feed mine as much as they will eat everyday. As long as it cant fall in the cage and hurt its self i dont see a problem with stuffing them. I proudly powerfeed all my slings until they reach adult size.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No you don't need to feed them twice a day. Once a week is fine. I always fed my slings every day but that's considered power feeding.