Got me some buggies on the way.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I ordered a few critters I've been wanting. Can't wait until they get here!

0.0.2 H. pulchripes
0.0.3 M. balfouri
0.0.2 P. ornata
0.0.2 P. rufilata

They should be here tomorrow or the next day.

And the 25th and 26th we are going to go to our first Repticon down in Houston. We have already bought tickets and booked a room for that weekend! Maybe I can find a couple females and a male GBB that I need. We are pretty excited about it!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, to correct myself They will be shipped tomorrow and should be here Thursday.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Right on! I just got an H. pulchripes sling and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Very manageable for an OW. Definitely share some photos once the little ones arrive!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Right on! I just got an H. pulchripes sling and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Very manageable for an OW. Definitely share some photos once the little ones arrive!
Photos are a must with new critters. I'm excited about the H. pulchripes myself. Since I've gotten back in the hobby & seen them, they've been at the top of my must have list. I was going to have a couple P. metallica slings with this order but the two that he had left were acting odd. How? I'm not sure. Either way he said he didn't want to sell them for that reason and something happen. Understandable I guess. I'll be ordering those here pretty soon!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All the buggies made it here alive and well. Like always, I underestimated the sizes. This time though, my enclosures are to small. The balfouri slings are in the vials they all came in. Everyone else is okay for now. But, I have to make a trip to get some bigger containers. Pictures when they are all housed in their homes.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Communal setup with the M. balfouri?!
No. I don't think I am going to do that. I don't feed often enough to risk it. I just want to grow them up and enjoy them. Maybe breed them at some point.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've got one big enough enclosure for one of the pulchripes set up with substrate and a water dish. So I snapped a picture of it. Here she (hopefully) is!

IMG_1377.JPG

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Great list of new arrivals, three of which are on my want list. Enjoy

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So, I have been crazy busy going and going and going. With that I never posted pictures like I said I would. I got a few when I unpacked them.

All of the M. balfouri are hidden now. Only one of the H. pulchripes has taken to the hide. The other one has made a nice little mat and feels good to sit there on it.

The pokies are being pokies. I will admit. I forgot how AWESOME pokies were. I fed the two P. rufilata medium crickets and the took them down like a BOSS! It was awesome. Flips and fighting. They are great. The ornata slings are still nervous about the slightest thing getting near them. But they are still small. So it's expected. Lol.

Anyways. Here are the pictures. Not the best. But they will suffice.

IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0026.JPG IMG_0029.JPG

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Nice!! My H. pulchripes sling is also content to just sit out in the open the majority of the time. They are really awesome Ts, quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Timc

Arachnosquire
Aww I miss when my rufilata was that small...she's about 4 inches now (over 18 months). Lol and they are bossy little bugs. Mine always starts eating with the head. What a jerk. Congrats on all the babies!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice!! My H. pulchripes sling is also content to just sit out in the open the majority of the time. They are really awesome Ts, quickly becoming one of my favorites.
I can't wait until they get a bit bigger. Get in that comfort zone. When I got back in the hobby and seen one. It was over. They have been at the top of my "must-have-asap" list. They are gorgeous!

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Good luck finding the male gbb. I've been looking for a while with no luck. I even managed to find one on a website, put it in my cart and pay for it only to be emailed by them saying it was already taken and they'd refund my money. I broke down and bought some 1.5" slings so if nothing else I'll surely have a male in the long run.

I was thinking about checking out Repticon myself next weekend. Its a bit of a drive across the city, but not as far as you have to drive!