Got Giant Millipedes!

SFA

Arachnoknight
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg We got four GORGEOUS giant African millipedes today - I'm so excited and I know you guys would understand (because our friends sure don't )

Here they are! I plan to get better photos once they settle in. We also have two Florida Ivory millipedes, who are simply adorable (they do not live with the giants).

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
Very cool! This coming year will certainly bring me another invert and one of these could possibly be it

Munax

Arachnosquire
I don't want to ruin the mood, but based on your photo of your enclosure I do recommend you add more decaying hardwoods and A LOT more decaying plant matter to the terrarium. Their substrate is their everything.

This is an example of my setup, and even then the plant matter is starting to run low again. 20161110_213032.jpg 20161110_213120.jpg 20161110_213156.jpg

SFA

Arachnoknight

SFA

Arachnoknight
How was their shipping? Was it reasonably priced and were the pedes safely packaged?
It was $10 for shipping, and they were each individually packaged in little plastic containers with bedding and lettuce, and then those containers were inside an insulated box. And it was overnight shipping with UPS.

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
It was $10 for shipping, and they were each individually packaged in little plastic containers with bedding and lettuce, and then those containers were inside an insulated box. And it was overnight shipping with UPS.
Wow, cannot beat that!