Got a text from an ex-girlfriend...

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She said they were studying spiders in biology, and from what she says in the text message:

"He said spiders have a penis and they copulate, maybe it's only tarantulas that do the fisting thing?"

Do true spiders have emboli as well, or is this a T-related thing? Or is the university handing out bad data?

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I beleive that true spids do have emboli on there papls, jus like T`s....i watch the orb weaver males around my place, and they have huge bulbus papls for little guys....they strum the females web, to get her attention, to court with them....i havent seen any insertions, but it looks to be done with the papls.......hopefuly someone some more true spid experience will chime in...

Rue

Arachnoknight
Either the teacher goofed...or the ex misunderstood. Hard to know.

Yes, spiders copulate.

No - males don't have a penis.

But Opiliones have a penis...so maybe the teacher was confusing orders?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

... Tarantulas don't mate...
Tarantulas mate.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:wall:{D

That is really funny. My Dad had a misunderstanding about spiders anatomy, too. I forget how we got into the conversation, but I told him that male spiders do not have a penis. He said, "but what about the black widow? Don't the males lose it inside the female?" {D

I KNOW true spiders use the emoli approach. I've seen it for myself dozens of times from a MM P.audax and MM Z.spinimana.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
*snickers*

**chokes** .... {D{D{D{D{D

The most hilarious thing I've seen in a looong time! :clap::clap::clap:

S.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

True Spiders have emboli. {D

They just... do it differently... {D{D{D{D{D

S.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Either the teacher goofed...or the ex misunderstood. Hard to know.

Yes, spiders copulate.

No - males don't have a penis.

But Opiliones have a penis...so maybe the teacher was confusing orders?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Tarantulas mate.
I know they mate, I was laughing about calling it fisting.

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So, (between chuckles) all spiders use emboli to mate? And not a penis?

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

..take off you wristwatches boys and girls, don't y'all hurt eachother now! {D{D{D
Reading this made me remember this comic. Geoff is in for a colonoscopy, in case you didn't understand what's going on here :p

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So, (between chuckles) all spiders use emboli to mate? And not a penis?

Yes, ALL spiders use emboli to transfer sperm to the female. They do not possess penises.:eek: (so how do the females lead them around, then? :? LOL)

afs rock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is your ex blonde by any chance cause from her text it sounds like it