Got a nice surprise this morning :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
So after recently seeing someone post a photo of their Lasiodorides striatus, I decided I wanted one heheh :p

I had not seen any other Lasiodorides apart from polycuspulatus before.

So it looked good and had me interested in keeping one. I has seen some listed on classifieds from breeder in Germany so I sent him an email to have a chat.

He had 0.2.2 large juveniles listed so I was Interested in buying a female and let him know my intentions. He had replied saying would do a good deal for me if I bought the 2 females at 120€ inc. shipping. I thought that was reasonable seing as I dont see much of these about for sale after thorough searching.

After telling him I am good with that and willing to go ahead, he then informed me that he would send me the 2 unsexed large juveniles for free. I was in shock ahah. That was music to my ears! I wrote him back to show my appreciation of the gesture of the free Ts :)

So fast forward to this morning, a parcel arrived and within it a large styro box. I opened to find it very well packed with 72hr heatpack still nice and warm. Always re-assuring when see these things.

After I had removed what I thought was my 4 new Ts tubs I noticed something a little further down. It was a wrap with 4 medium vials inside with 4 more small juveniles :D

I still cant get smile off of my face. It is the first time I have received 6 great freebies with the purchase of 2 Ts.

What a kind breeder indeed. Was Saint Nicholas German? They are growinng on me these Germans :)

Here are some photos of the new arrivals.

IMG_2259.JPG IMG_2258.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG

0.0.2 Large juveniles
#1 (suspect female)
IMG_2255.JPG #2 (suspect male)
IMG_2254.JPG IMG_2253.JPG

Small juvs 0.0.4
IMG_2260.JPG IMG_2106.JPG

Also I have a question. Can anyone who is keeping/has kept these before tell me how big this sp. will grow? I cant find adult size anywhere.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
These are commonly mistaken for A. seemanni. They are from similar localities and look a little similar.

But I like the purple hue on carapace and femurs and the orange stripes on the legs :)

dopamine

Arachnobaron
These are commonly mistaken for A. seemanni. They are from similar localities and look a little similar.

But I like the purple hue on carapace and femurs and the orange stripes on the legs :)
Was just gonna say this. It looks a lot like a seemani aside from the brownish stripes and lovely purple.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
They're stunning! I love the orange stripes. Congratulations on your awesome new additions. :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Thanks guys! I think around 7" mark. I need someone who knows for sure to back this up though :D

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
What happened to sticking with dwarfs :p:rofl:
I only wanted one ahahah. Gods honest truth :rofl:

I am getting rid of a massive C. minax 'Brown demon' and a Theraphosa strimi subadult. Will have room for a P. mut and the striatus :embarrassed::smug:

Jake94

Arachnopeon

Oh wow they do have purple! I did a double-take when scrolling through the pictures haha! I thought I saw purple on the thorax so I scrolled back up to look closely, but assumed it was just a light/camera trick. These are really beautiful and adorably goofy looking T's. I love the subtle colors on the thorax complemented by the Orange booty hairs and knee pads. :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have seen photos of AF of the sp. jeeez the carapace can be huge! Usually giving purple shine with copper highlights.

Mine have a good bit of growing to to but hey I cant wait :D

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Wow, how kind was that! They are lovely looking... all of them!