Got a new snake today! (pics)

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Isn't he beautiful? I snapped these with my iPhone so they aren't the greatest quality and do not show off his true colors very well, but they'll have to do until he gets settled in.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Beautiful! I dont know much about snakes, but is that a spider ball python?

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice pattern. I'm not very fond of the spider balls they seem like they might have some genetic problems because of the head wobble.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful ball. I love the way the dark markings down the spine look like lightning in the last pic!:cool:

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Thanks, all. Obviously you were right, Jake. :)

I can't wait to get some better pictures to show off how gorgeous he really is!

Crazasta

Arachnopeon
Congratulations on the new snake, and he's a beautiful one at that. I love spider ball patterns.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats a spider ball? If you dont mind me asking.. How much do those go for?
My Petco has one for $500.. They say its a pinstripe.. But I am uncertain now after seeing yours.. I dont know how much they go for.. So I didnt get it.. Almost.. But I think $500 is a wee bit steep for a snake..

Grats on the new addition though.. :)

I am also thinking about finding an adult male BP morph.. Maybe breed him with my moms normal female..

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Thats a spider ball? If you dont mind me asking.. How much do those go for?
My Petco has one for $500.. They say its a pinstripe.. But I am uncertain now after seeing yours.. I dont know how much they go for.. So I didnt get it.. Almost.. But I think $500 is a wee bit steep for a snake..

Grats on the new addition though.. :)

I am also thinking about finding an adult male BP morph.. Maybe breed him with my moms normal female..
Thanks, Tommy. I got him for $125 from a local breeder. So yeah, $500 is a bit much if it's a spider ball baby.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, Tommy. I got him for $125 from a local breeder. So yeah, $500 is a bit much if it's a spider ball baby.
Well.. They have it labeled as a pinstripe.. So.. IDK.. Im not to good at IDing snakes.. But it does look like your IIRC.. Its been a couple weeks since I been to Petco..

I will have to go up there today & see.. I need some little plastic containers from the dollar store beside it.. So I will try and get a picture of it today while I am there... If of course I actually go up there.. :rolleyes:

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Well.. They have it labeled as a pinstripe.. So.. IDK.. Im not to good at IDing snakes.. But it does look like your IIRC.. Its been a couple weeks since I been to Petco..

I will have to go up there today & see.. I need some little plastic containers from the dollar store beside it.. So I will try and get a picture of it today while I am there... If of course I actually go up there.. :rolleyes:
Go to ballpython.com and click on morphs. They have good pics

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Go to www.kingsnake.com look up classifeds and you will spend all day looking:D. My male pin ran about 250.00 last year at the reptile show but you should be able to get a baby cheaper now the morphs are really starting to come down, well co-dominates are. The ressesvie gene snakes take more time to produce so thats is why there value stays up there.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice pattern. I'm not very fond of the spider balls they seem like they might have some genetic problems because of the head wobble.
I've heard this too. It's made me skeptical about buying a spider or any morph that is produced using spider genetics. I've talked to some people about it and I've heard different things.

Cass