Got a new critter for the closet.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Picked up a LP on the way home from Galveston. Got a heck of a deal! Paid $40 got two enclosures, hide, water dish, and a 3.5-4" LP.

The girl was unsure on the gender. Based on my experience with LPs in the past, males were leggyier (for lack of better words!) than females. Even when they are immature. Of course this is no way to sex a tarantula of any sort. But because of that, I am believing this may be a female. (Hopefully!)

We are about 20-30 minutes from the house. Once we get home & everything settles, I'll take some pictures and post them.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These are the pictures of what all I got. Enclosures, hide, water bowl, tongs and of course...the LP.

Now, ventrally it looks female. Hopefully, I'm right! Probably wrong. My luck. Haha.

Onto the messed up part. The Exo-Terra nano, it was full of substrate and filthy. So naturally, I dump it all and clean it. During the cleaning, I found the leg of a pinktoe and the remaining bits.

She put the LP in the critter keeper for transportation. The Exo-Terra was its enclosure before. So, she put a pinktoe and LP together and the LP won. Pretty messed up, huh?

Anyways, I cleaned the critter keeper enclosure out and put new substrate, water, and some leaves and a make-shift hide out of leaves. Looks fine to me. Those pictures are coming next.

Attachments

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She is a feisty little booger, too. Hair kicking, slap happy, little booger!

Here are the new setup pictures. I don't have a hide laying so I did what I could. I'm not putting him/her in the tall enclosure. This will suit her needs for a while.

Oh, I remember exactly WHY I don't get the hairy kickers. The hairs, they SUCK. Like an idiot, I didn't think about it and during cleaning the enclosures, I got it all over my arms and face. It sucked there for a while.

Attachments

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I also had to reorganize my little space in my closet. Now I have one problem. One HUGE problem. I have an empty enclosure! We ALL know that's the biggest sin in this hobby!

And here is how I had to setup the closet. Looks like I am going to have to get a cabinet.

Attachments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I really hope she just didn't change the substrate after her pinktoe molted or died...:( it would be nasty if she actually put them together.
The L.parahybana sure has a fat butt, looking good!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really hope she just didn't change the substrate after her pinktoe molted or died...:( it would be nasty if she actually put them together.
The L.parahybana sure has a fat butt, looking good!
It didn't feel like a molt. It felt like a leg. I don't know if she fed it or put them together or not. But I believe it was something irresponsible.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It bet feel like a molt. It felt like a leg. I don't know if she fed it or put them together or not. But I believe it was something irresponsible.
That's...horrible either way. Good thing it has a better keeper now!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats on the new addition! She (hopefully!) looks nice and healthy!

As for the empty Exo... sooo many possibilities! :D