Got a Green Tree Python

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
IMG_1265.JPG Got this little baby male today. He does things, which include sitting there and doing nothing.

Him at the show. Surprisingly calm.
IMG_1263.JPG

basin79

ArachnoGod
GTP's are fantastic. They caudal lure. It's fantastic watching their little tails squirm around.

You're little man has gone past the really fragile stage but still be extremely careful if you need to take him out of his enclosure. You could injury him if you pull.

Do all your maintenance during the day. You won't be able to at night. You'll want some long plastic tongs for feeding. Warm the head up and offer the food below your python.

The hardest aspect to keeping these and ETB's (to me) is feeding. They really aren't like other pythons or boas. They don't need a lot of food and the food can't be large. It's really, really tempting at first to want to feed them when they're waiting in their signature "S" pose at night. But you must stick to your guns for their sake.

Apologies if you already know the above.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
GTP's are fantastic. They caudal lure. It's fantastic watching their little tails squirm around.

You're little man has gone past the really fragile stage but still be extremely careful if you need to take him out of his enclosure. You could injury him if you pull.

Do all your maintenance during the day. You won't be able to at night. You'll want some long plastic tongs for feeding. Warm the head up and offer the food below your python.

The hardest aspect to keeping these and ETB's (to me) is feeding. They really aren't like other pythons or boas. They don't need a lot of food and the food can't be large. It's really, really tempting at first to want to feed them when they're waiting in their signature "S" pose at night. But you must stick to your guns for their sake.

Apologies if you already know the above.
Yeah, have done some research on them. Going to try with a pinkie. This one's pretty calm luckily. Obviously won't be doing handling really, don't really even handle my balls. I really do like this guy though. I got tongs and a snakehook that are only for him (have a much, much larger snakehook for other snakes, and tongs for general use)

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yeah, have done some research on them. Going to try with a pinkie. This one's pretty calm luckily. Obviously won't be doing handling really, don't really even handle my balls. I really do like this guy though. I got tongs and a snakehook that are only for him (have a much, much larger snakehook for other snakes, and tongs for general use)
Good do.

It's great watching them turn green too.