Got a free beetle, Zophobas morio, from petco

mmfh

Arachnobaron
i saw it in the corn snake enclosure and ask if I could have it. It is very cool looking and my very first pet beetle. I don't think I. Keeping it right, I put it on damp coco coir and gave it a water dish and a dish with some oatmeal and dog food. It imediately started eating the oatmeal. I could not find much on the care of the beetles themselves so I have a few questions. Should the coir be dry? Would it do better in millipede substrate (I have some)? If pede substrate, should it too be dry? I found one site that said to feed it kale, would Swiss chard be ok (I have a bunch in my garden)? That's all the questions I have for now. Thank you.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Really any substrate is fine, regular coconut fiber should be good. The adults don't live long, only a few months, and tolerate both moist and dry substrate, so keep one side moist and one side dry.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Any substrate works. If you want to be easy on yourself dry substrate can be used, but it will tolerate moisture. A water dish is unnecessary so long as you feed it fresh vegetables. If the dish is too deep it could very easily drown.